PDA

View Full Version : Lee 300 grain GC in Raging Bull 454

rosewood
07-24-2017, 07:23 AM
Just acquired a raging bull .454 with 8 3/8" bbl. Want to use my cast boolits in it. Took the first load that I had used in my encore pistol and Puma 92 rifle and they are tight in the cylinder of the RB. You have to push the cartridge in to seat it, it does not drop in as my j-word loads do. It appears the nose of the boolit is fatter than the cylinder throat?? (or step down, I don't know what it is called). Anyone see this as an issue? Or is this the ideal fit? That load is a mild load so I did shoot it and didn't see any issues. Anyone see any problems with the cast being tight in the cylinder before I go to full bore loads?

Also, can't find a factory scope mount for it, apparently Taurus has quit making them. Anyone know where I can find one (model 10-033 I think).

Thanks,

Rosewood

Old colt
07-24-2017, 11:49 AM
I have the same problem with my raging bull. I have backed down the load and used the other crimp groove on the boolit. It works ok for mag pistol powder, but faster burning powders are a little more picky on the seating depth it seems.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

rosewood
07-24-2017, 12:53 PM
Fastest thing I will use is 2400 or IMR4227 most likely. And of course some H110. If I decide to tone it down, I will most likely use 45 colt brass.

I thought about using the other crimp groove, but wanted the extra capacity.

Thanks,

Rosewood