PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought.

Tigger
11-13-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm kind of new to the board and new to casting. I think that the group buy is an excellent deal. But sometimes reading thru 4 or 5 pages of a group buy to see if it's still open or something you want can be a little confusing to a newbe like me. I was just wondering if there was a way to post the group buys seprate from the design and order thread. A thread with no posts just the basics, the bullet design and weight, what it costs, who to send the money to, and an ending date for orders. It could have the link to the main thread. When the order was sent the thread could be maked as closed.

I think it would make it easier to follow the group buy. See a buy of interest, look at the post, decide if you are in time, interested, and then go to the main thread and post question, thoughts, comments, and your order.

What do ya think??

Buckshot
11-14-2005, 06:24 AM
.............Sounds like a great idea. Possibly a seperate forum for current group buys in the "Finalized-Accepting Checks" status that are 'stickies'? You're correct that there could be a bit more orderliness to it.

................Buckshot

porkchop bob
11-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Tigger, your observations are correct. To confirm, go to Molds, Maintenance and Design and read the Want That thread. Your good suggestions, to implement, would require a change in the process of how we think and act. As likely to happen as stopping the ebb and flow of the tide. ;-)

Hang in there Tigger, relax, and learn to enjoy. If you do not have the ability of shifting chaff to find the grain, you will learn it here. It is useful elsewhere.

Bob

Gunload Master
11-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Possibly the person who started the thread could "edit" his first post of the thread and change the title to " (Finished) " to just let people know.