PDA

View Full Version : Rossi Magazine Capacity?

Kraschenbirn
07-19-2017, 11:20 AM
I recently acquired a lightly used .357/.38 Rossi M92 with a 24" full-octagon barrel. This model is no longer catalogued but older info indicates that it should have a 12-round mag capacity but mine will only load 10. 1) Anyone else encountered this? (2) Anyone know if this was some kind of 'NY' or 'Kali' thing to comply with those states' mag capacity limit? Haven't yet disassembled mag tube to see if there's some kind of stop or plug to limit capacity but I suspect that's what I'll find when I do.

Btw...gun is a real 'shooter'. Powder-coated 162 gr. RNFPs from an Arsenal mold over 6.2 gr. Unique easily produce 1 1/2" (5-shot) groups at 50 yards...using factory sights.

Bill

pietro
07-19-2017, 11:30 AM

Since AFAIK magazine capacity limiting laws apply only to detachable magazines, I suspect that there may be an internal spot of rust or a small dent in the magazine tube that's limiting follower travel towards the muzzle.

I would, as you suggest, pull the magazine cap & spring to inspect the magazine tube internally with a good light and a feeler wire.

If you also remove the magazine tube, you can run the follower though it manually, end-to-end, to discover what's up with it's travel.

KCSO
07-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Nope if you take out the mag tube plug you will find in there a short chunk of plastic to limit the capacity, I would bet on it. I have about 6 of those in a drawer now.

KCSO
07-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Nope it's a plastic plug in the mag.

Kraschenbirn
07-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Nope it's a plastic plug in the mag.

Yup...'bout 4" of white nylon rod. Thanks for the fix.

Bill

bob208
07-28-2017, 10:55 PM
yep I think in the 80's there was a mag limit on anything coming into this country.