PDA

View Full Version : Boolit sticking in my seating die, help!

Thundarstick
07-17-2017, 11:32 AM
Redding die set for 375H&H seems to be ground smaller than my .379 boolits and they are sticking in the seating die! I think I could hone out the bore, but would this adversely affect the seating of J bullets?
Would you hone it, or just buy a Lee seating die for boolits and hone it larger if necessary?

Calamity Jake
07-17-2017, 11:40 AM
If it wear mine I would hone it at it will not take very much honing to make it loose enough.

country gent
07-17-2017, 11:41 AM
I would buy the lee and adjust it as needed. Polishing out the redding may affect the concentricity of the Jacket bullets some. Another plus is you have a seater for each that can be set and left for next time.

Wayne Smith
07-18-2017, 08:55 AM
By the Lee die and adjust it to fit your boolits. That's what I would do if I was gonna use both. If I have that problem with my 9.3 when I get it shooting reliably that's what I will do if they have one.

NoAngel
07-18-2017, 09:09 AM
I've had several Lee dies do this. You can screw the die down further and almost bottom the seating plug out on some of them. Makes for some wonky seating though and I prefer to open the die up enough to clear it. If you open it too much the seater plug will fall out. Some dies have more material there than others. If you have access to a lathe it's no trouble. I usually make a new seating plug anyway to fit the bullet I intend to seat.

Thundarstick
07-18-2017, 10:55 AM
I was really leaning twards a Lee die and honing it out a little if it needs it. Thanks