PDA

View Full Version : Had an Enjoyable Conservation with a Cast Boolit Member Today

lightman
07-16-2017, 07:10 PM
About 2 or 2-1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with MS and was forced to retire. I posted a little about it at the time. Country Gent sent me a PM saying that he was going through this and offered to talk. I called him and had a nice visit. He offered up lots of support and shared his wisdom and good advice. Well, I was sitting on the back porch this afternoon getting ready to light the grill and just decided to call him. We had an enjoyable conservation about our health issues, family and casting. I enjoyed it Wayne, Thanks for being My Friend.

country gent
07-16-2017, 08:28 PM
Always and anytime Lightman

rl69
07-16-2017, 08:33 PM
Funny how the technology that most of us despises has bonded us.

This is a great sight with great folks

JBinMN
07-16-2017, 09:26 PM
:drinks:

A nice one to read about.
:)

Bzcraig
07-16-2017, 11:12 PM
I did too with a different member! Spent over an hour on the phone with him and enjoyed the conversation immensely.

mold maker
07-17-2017, 08:14 AM
My mom lived her last 40 years with MS and Diabetes. Although it may change your lifestyle it is just another bump in life's road.
Until she was taken with cancer she fought for every moment. She was active within the family and a leader every where she went.
Treatments have and are still advancing in this field, so the answers are just around the next corner.
Don't give in, or give up. Keep your chin up and live life to the fullest. Life is always, only what you make of it, regardless of the obstacles.
If Mom could live her last 40 years in a manual wheelchair, to persevere to 92, I'm sure you fellows can also.
It's called determination.