PDA

View Full Version : Stocking a Mauser

EGreis
07-14-2017, 02:28 PM
Greetings all:

I am having a custom .25-06 built on a 1940 Mauser action with a Douglas barrel and Timney trigger (also open sights and quick release scope mounts).
The project can't be completed until the the rifle is stocked. The project is as far as it can go, barreled, blued, etc. without the stock. However the stock is proving to be a problem. I knew it would be. The setup/look I am going for is a Griffin & Howe look.
None of the stock companies have what I'm looking for, at least in an unmodified finished form.
What I'm looking for basically is an oiled walnut stock with pistol grip and forend checkering possibly with a schnabel forend. The schnabel is negotiable but the checkering is not.
Can any one help with this issue? Is there a decent ready to go stock out there or a company anyone would suggest.

Thanks all!

chuckbuster
07-20-2017, 10:28 PM
Just noticed your post.
Contact WENIG Gunstocks, Lincoln Missouri. The guys that run it came out of the FAJEN Custom shop hen it closed down.
Kevin

Uncle Grinch
07-21-2017, 09:45 PM
Check with user inthe10ring over on mausercentral.net. Dave does quite a bit of stock business and is very good.

waksupi
07-30-2017, 10:17 AM
I've got to ask, if you are having a custom built, why isn't the gun builder making the stock?

Red Elk
08-28-2017, 02:43 PM
You might check out Walnut Gunstocks in Weiser, Idaho.
They wound up with quite a few of American Gunstock Co.'s stocks and might have what you are looking for.

re