PDA

View Full Version : Laid Up

Hickory
07-14-2017, 12:09 PM
Monday and Tuesday I wasn't feeling well with really bad pain in my lower back and a slight headache.
Wednesday it got worst and by the time I went to bed I knew something was really wrong, but, I thought I'd sleep the night and make my way to the Dr. on Thursday.
Before midnight my head was killing me along with my lower back. An hour later I was in the ER thinking I was having a stroke. A few test reviewed that I had pneumonia, but the doc couldn't account for the headache and back pain.
When the doc found out that I'd been out of the country, (Hawaii) he ordered a different round of test.

So, I guess I'm stuck here until he finds out what's causing the really bad headaches. Hope it's not zika or west Nile.

Smoke4320
07-14-2017, 12:15 PM
\well heres hoping its nothing serious

shoot-n-lead
07-14-2017, 12:25 PM
Prayer sent for a quick diagnosis and recovery.

slownsteady22
07-14-2017, 01:21 PM
Hospitals are horrible, hope it's nothing serious, and you get well quick.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

foesgth
07-14-2017, 03:01 PM
May your stay be short and your nurses good looking!

farmerjim
07-14-2017, 03:10 PM
Get well soon, your crops need you.

dbosman
07-14-2017, 04:19 PM
If someone can do an Intra or inter library request for you, see if they can get-
Principles and Practice of Loading Ammunition Hardcover – 1971
by Earl Naramore (Author)

Great hospital read. 952 pages.
Get well soon.

Blackwater
07-14-2017, 05:26 PM
Prayers up for you, Hickory! Pneumonia alone is a heavy burden to bear. Add in anything else, and your plate's REALLY full! Get well soon, brother. Aman.

Hickory
07-14-2017, 06:34 PM
The doc just left my room and said I'm free to go, but has no concrete evidence of what was causing my headaches, he hasn't gotten any results back yet.
But I have a scheduled office visit next and we should know then.

David2011
07-14-2017, 10:13 PM
Best wishes for an uneventful outcome!

lightman
07-15-2017, 06:14 AM
Hope they find something simple and curable. Not knowing is tough. Glad your getting out.

Thin Man
07-15-2017, 06:39 AM
This thread was a tough read for me. In about 3 days SWMBO and I will be going to Hawaii for 2 weeks. If we knew what had bitten Hickory we could go prepared to repel boarders and not catch what he caught. Maybe if either of us comes down with the headaches and back pain we can compare lab notes with Hickory. Hope he recovers soon and the lab results reveal nothing serious.

w5pv
07-15-2017, 08:26 AM
Prayers sent

Spoonerism
07-15-2017, 08:33 AM
I'm glad you got out quickly, and I pray for a speedy recovery and that they can find out what brought on the pain. If they give you one of the breathing exercise things, make sure you use it, deep breathing is one of the best things for pneumonia.

JBinMN
07-15-2017, 11:02 AM
Not knowing the issues cause can be a real worry on its' own. Try not to worry over it... Stress isn't good either.
Best wishes for it just being a mild "bug" or something easy to deal with, & ya heal up soon.
G'Luck!

jonp
07-16-2017, 02:41 PM
Glad your out. I don't think Zika has been found in Hawaii, yet, but it could be anything with the amount of tourists from all over the world that show up there not to mention the military base with troops returning and passing through.

Keep us posted as to what is discovered.

skeettx
07-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Pleased you are OUT, please keep us updated
No CO2 issues in the house or shop??
Mike

Hickory
07-16-2017, 03:10 PM
Pleased you are OUT, please keep us updated
No CO2 issues in the house or shop??
Mike

In the spring when the outside temperature gets 50 degrees at night the furnace gets shut off and the windows are thrown open.
plus we have 2 CO2 detectors in the house.

farmerjim
07-16-2017, 04:27 PM
"plus we have 2 CO2 detectors in the house."

I bet those are CO detectors in your house and not CO2. CO ( carbon monoxide) is deadly, it attaches to the hemoglobin in your blood and bonds tight. The hemoglobin therefore can't transport oxygen from your lungs to your body, and carbon dioxide out. Too much CO2 in your house will only give you a bad headache.
I had a friend that worked in the machinery room on a nuke sub. The CO2 scrubbers were all back there. When any section of the crew would give them trouble, they would shut down the scrubbers for that section and give them headaches. If you skip breathing too much when scuba diving, you will get a headache.
Pneumonia reduces your lung capacity and probably reduces your ability to get rid of the CO2 in your body and may be the cause of your headache. Just thinking .

jonp
07-16-2017, 05:31 PM
"plus we have 2 CO2 detectors in the house."

I bet those are CO detectors in your house and not CO2. CO ( carbon monoxide) is deadly, it attaches to the hemoglobin in your blood and bonds tight. The hemoglobin therefore can't transport oxygen from your lungs to your body, and carbon dioxide out. Too much CO2 in your house will only give you a bad headache.
I had a friend that worked in the machinery room on a nuke sub. The CO2 scrubbers were all back there. When any section of the crew would give them trouble, they would shut down the scrubbers for that section and give them headaches. If you skip breathing too much when scuba diving, you will get a headache.
Pneumonia reduces your lung capacity and probably reduces your ability to get rid of the CO2 in your body and may be the cause of your headache. Just thinking .
Had an old Servel Fridge in my hunting camp that I had no idea had an exhaust leak. Almost killed my sister and BIL. I turned it in for the recall and got a smaller new one. Be careful of those