PDA

View Full Version : If you missed the Shield rebate check this out

PB234
07-14-2017, 09:14 AM
https://www.smith-wesson.com/rebates

mnewcomb59
07-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Acccording to them its a 180 dollar value? They're coming off 80 bucks worth of spare parts they had in their junk drawer. I'm a big S&W fan but this is kind of a slap in the face.

They make those magazines under 10 bucks a piece, but sell them for $35.

Critical Defense is garbage. It barely penetrates the minimum amount of ballistic gel and no serious agencies use it because it penetrates the same as the 115 Silvertips that lost the Miami Shootout, 11-12". I would carry ball or cast before I carried a round that under penetrates. What good is 50 cal expansion if it leaves a gentle bruise on a baddie's heart rather than poke a hole in it? Penetration is the primary wounding mechanism of a handgun, and a round that won't penetrate is less lethal and more likely to not stop the threat fast. Not only is it a bad design of bullet, but they are absolutely miserly with the powder! It s the only "self defense" load on the market that is weaker than ball ammo by 40 fps and the only "self defense" ammo that won't fully cycle some full sized, heavily sprung duty pistols.

All the hollow points I carry penetrate 15"+, and that level of penetration is correlated (from actual instances) to bullets just under the skin of the back.

So unless that is an 80 dollar mag loader, I have to excuse myself to fart out all this smoke S&W blew up there.