PDA

View Full Version : 4,700 days

claude
07-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Give or take a few days, that is how long it has been since I sat with my head between my hands and and my elbows on my knees, and promised The Father that if He would give me the strength I would drink no more. And, I knew He would, and He has.

I just want to share this because there may be somebody here needing that little bit extra that will flip that switch in your mind to trust Him, and have enough faith to know that every time the urge strikes, go to Him and ask for the strength to say no, not forever, but for THIS time, and He will give it. Do it every time the worm starts turning and your body tries to convince you that you can take "just this one". Your body will lie to you to get what it wants, don't listen to it.

All glory goes to the Father, my only part was to discipline my self to ask Him EVERY time, and soon enough the cravings were gone, He gave me the strength when I did my part.

I praise you Father, for being the immovable ROCK, and generously sharing your strength from on high, Amen.

Blackwater
07-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Good on you, Claude! We all face trials in life. Some are given certain trials, and others something different, but we ALL face them. You overcame yours, and it's certainly one of the most difficult to address and overcome that we CAN face. You've done very, very well, sir, and for that, you truly have my respect. Most folks don't realize what all is involved. Even many who stop drinking often don't really understand it, and ultimately, it's not necessary that it be understood. Only that they don't drink any more, via whatever manner that can become possible. Addictions are some of the most treacherous things we can face in this life. You've mastered a really BIG trial, and overcome it. God be with you, and bless you richly. Every person who overcomes addiction provided a great example for those who need to see that it CAN be overcome. Keep up the great work, my friend.

Pine Baron
07-10-2017, 10:14 AM
Thank you, Claude.
You're not alone in this daily struggle. Everyone should know there is support and encouragement from ALL of us here in the chapel and the strength to overcome all struggles lies in Almighty God. Thank you Jesus.

claude
07-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Thank you gentlemen, for all the replies here, and by PM, and those going forward as well they are appreciated.

shoot-n-lead
07-10-2017, 07:08 PM
AMEN!
Thanks, claude...a great reminder of how to do it.

ghh3rd
07-10-2017, 09:48 PM
That's over 12 years... congratulations Claude!

The day I reached 12 years my 2 yr old son was in the car with me heading home from Busch Gardens in Tampa. We passed by a church that had a sign out front that said "AA Meeting tonight 8pm". I decided to stop in, and found a nice outside meeting just starting. When it was over they asked if there were any anniversaries today and I replied "12".

They actually had a 12 year token for me, and a cake that they put 12 candles on that someone had brought to the meeting. It was sort of surreal... almost like it was planned. That is my favorite token ... I've had 17 additional years since that :-). Keep doing what you have been doing for the past 12 years or so - life is so much more enjoyable sober, even if it isn't always easier.

Randy

Thundarstick
07-10-2017, 09:59 PM
claude, congratulations and think you for having the courage to post it! By God's grace we have over come much in my own family in the way of addictions and God's strength keeps us going!

WRideout
07-11-2017, 10:53 PM
There is a reason he is called the Higher Power. Sometimes I call him the Highest Power.

Wayne

Wayne Smith
07-12-2017, 07:25 AM
All Praise to the Father for it is He who does, we who hang on. Continue to hang on, Claude!

LAH
07-12-2017, 01:56 PM
I love this report Claude

Hogtamer
07-13-2017, 05:55 AM
Thank you for the testimony.

Murphy
07-13-2017, 06:54 AM
Claude,

Thanks for sharing my friend. Many may think there is no hope for them in regards to addictions, but there is. It was only through the grace of God I discovered "One is too many, and a 1000 is never enough".

Murphy (A friend of Bill's)

Three44s
07-13-2017, 07:16 AM
claude,

Thank you for sharing that and congratulations!

I hope it reaches all who need it.

Three44s

opos
07-13-2017, 07:23 AM
Congratulations....as with many of us...you can't get to where we are but here we are..my "date" is Jan. 14, 1981 and my Wife's is August 26, 1974...Through the Grace of God and the Fellowship of our group

Smoke4320
07-13-2017, 07:23 AM
Congrats. Keep it up and thanks for sharing

buckwheatpaul
07-13-2017, 09:48 AM
Claude what a great testimony and an inspirational insight....all is possible through God and you are living proof!