PDA

View Full Version : A simple Good Morning.

Pine Baron
07-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Matthew 6:9-13 (KJV)

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

GhostHawk
07-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Thank you brother! Good reminder for me.

That prayer has amazing power in it.

Thank you Lord for all the blessings you have showered upon me.

And I wish you a good morning back, with this from Samuel 7:18-22.

" Then went king David in, and sat before the Lord, and he said, Who am I, O Lord God? and what is my house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?

19 And this was yet a small thing in thy sight, O Lord God; but thou hast spoken also of thy servant's house for a great while to come. And is this the manner of man, O Lord God?

20 And what can David say more unto thee? for thou, Lord God, knowest thy servant.

21 For thy word's sake, and according to thine own heart, hast thou done all these great things, to make thy servant know them.

22 Wherefore thou art great, O Lord God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears."

Like David, sometimes I wonder what the Lord is doing in my life, and how, and why. To what purpose. Hindsight lets us see what the Lord's plan for David was. What is his plan for us?

Goatwhiskers
07-09-2017, 10:46 AM
We don't know, but the anticipation is great, yet full of joy as we know it will be good and, as always, more than we asked for. GW

Bzcraig
07-09-2017, 11:44 AM
The Holiness of God
The Kingdom of God
The provision of God
The forgiveness of God
The power of God

Help us Lord to remember and acknowledge these daily!

Blackwater
07-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Amen to all posts. That particular prayer has been used often in battle by many who just weren't used to praying, but at least at one time, most everyone knew it, and thousands of men facing battle have found tremendous solace in it. Individuals have too, facing whatever trial was before them.

It seems to be characteristic to many to want to pray "flowery" prayers, and indeed, our Lord is worthy of the best prayers we can concoct. However, I don't think He's all that impressed by the flowery nature of our "best" prayers (at least "best" in our value system), nearly as much as He is when someone prays a very simple but very heartfelt prayer. He knows, I think, just how earnestly we mean our prayers, and the depth of our pleas.

What a wonderful and masterful Lord we serve!

Pine Baron
07-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Still keeping it simple

DOXOLOGY

Praise, God from whom all blessings flow, (James 1:17)
Praise Him all creatures here below; (Psalm 145:21)
Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host; (Rev 5:11-14)
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (Matt 28:19)

Pine Baron
07-16-2017, 09:35 AM
A simple Sunday Good morning.

Dear Lord Jesus,
I know I am a sinner.
I believe you died for my sins.
Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life.
I confess you as my personal Lord and Savior.
Thank you for saving me.
Amen.

w5pv
07-16-2017, 10:28 AM
Amen to all

SSGOldfart
07-16-2017, 11:50 AM
Amen.

GhostHawk
07-16-2017, 09:49 PM
I have been trying something. When I am about to say something angry I close my lips, eyes, and say the Lords Prayer.

It works great, as long as I remember to get started before the angry words start to flow.

Peace like a river is a wonderful thing. Thank you Lord.

I always liked the Doxology. Simple, yet elegant in its simplicity.

shoot-n-lead
07-16-2017, 10:15 PM
Amen to all posts.

Pine Baron
07-17-2017, 07:49 AM
Ghost, I say the Lord's prayer before I do or say anything. It gives me pause and the patience that I don't possess on my own.

GhostHawk
07-17-2017, 08:21 AM
Pine Baron, I can see myself moving in that direction.

It is amazing to one minute be mad enough to spit nails and the next have a soft voice and a tender heart that turneth away wrath.

I am sure for a few months there my wife thought I was going to end up in a mental hospital. Then all of a sudden she stopped digging in her heels and started helping me to remember.

All she could say when I ask why the change of heart is that she loves this new me even more than the old one. He is a kinder gentler kind of guy.

To which of course I grump "Well if you would grow a little hide"

Just wish I had not wasted so much of that 40 years being stubborn and going my own way. Don't be like me.

Blackwater
07-17-2017, 06:16 PM
Amazing, isn't it, the power prayer truly has. It focuses us on something beyond whatever we are caring so much about at any given moment, and lifts up our eyes to all that lies beyond that brief moment, and lends balance to our eyes and hearts, and lets us do things that we'd otherwise find so difficult as to be practically repugnant to us while we're still locked into our emotional status of the moment. Prayer's healing and tempering powers have long been known. It's just up to us to USE them more often and more effectively. Praying with gritted teeth isn't usually considered real praying! One little change in focus and perception, and we quickly remember "This too shall pass," or other things that keep our words and behavior within the realm that God finds acceptable, and keeps us from entering into behaviors and words that God might NOT find so "acceptable." Prayer is amazing. How could it NOT be when it comes from God?

Pine Baron
07-19-2017, 05:51 AM
MATTHEW 22

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Boaz
07-19-2017, 06:13 AM
Thank you Pine Baron ! These words of our Lord are key in our walk with him .

GhostHawk
07-19-2017, 07:35 AM
Amen!

Rise and Shine and give up the glory glory!

Pine Baron
07-21-2017, 08:47 AM
Good morning, trying to keep it simple.

Psalm 23:

1{A Psalm of David.} The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

claude
07-21-2017, 01:29 PM
Good morning in return PB.

Psa 51:15-17 KJV O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. (16) For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. (17) The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Blackwater
07-21-2017, 05:12 PM
It's pretty much GOT to be a good morning starting it out like that! Thanks.

Pine Baron
07-27-2017, 08:30 AM
Good Morning.

Matthew 5:

13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.

14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.

15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Boaz
07-27-2017, 08:50 AM
Words to live by ! Thank you Pine Baron .

claude
07-28-2017, 01:12 PM
(Psalms 118:21-23) "I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation. {22} The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. {23} This is the LORD’S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes."

Alleluia.

Pine Baron
07-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Thank you Claude.
Here's another simple message (I know it's afternoon, but I've been busy)

1 Peter 4

7 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.

8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”

9 Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.

10 As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

11 If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

claude
07-29-2017, 09:52 AM
Good morning PB, ain't He awesome...

(Revelation 7:17) "For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

Boaz
07-29-2017, 11:49 AM
Pine Baron and claude thank you . All good verse .

Pine Baron
07-29-2017, 12:13 PM
C'mon Boaz, I know you got something to add. Keep it simple, 'cause I'm just a simple man with a simple faith.

Boaz
07-29-2017, 05:07 PM
Pine Baron your not a simple man in respect to your faith and belief in our Lord . You and I have talked much . I would have loved to record your thoughts and opinion when we discussed and talked of unconditional love on the phone . We were talking about our kids . I was spellbound at your insight .
GOD is in your life and I thank him for putting you in mine . You are a good man .

Boaz
07-29-2017, 05:16 PM
Unconditional love .

Corinthians 1;13

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. ...

Pine Baron
07-30-2017, 08:44 AM
Aw shucks, Boaz, you make me blush. I love you brother.

Mark 11

25 And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.

26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.