PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 336 serial number for year of manufacture help

shooter bob
07-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Hello all i need help with marlin serial numbers. A few months ago my father in law had many guns stolen from his gun safe. The one that seems to be bothering badly is a marlin 30-30 that his late father got him for his 15 th birthday. Me father inlaw was born in 1947 so 1947 +15 =1962. Ido not know the year of manufacture of his marlin but if i can find a 1962 30-30 for him it may help him out. He is depress it was a family member that was involved with the theft while he was away at camp. This whole event has really effected him mentally. And i want to help him. Thanks Bob

popper
07-08-2017, 01:49 PM
IIRC, Marlin owners site has the code for Marlin made rifles. IMHO, if S/Ns are known contact LE and post as stolen. Crooks are crooks, family or not.

shooter bob
07-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Thanks Phineas Bluster and Popper. I dont know if he has the s/n or not but it was reported to the local police. I searched as many pawn shops that i could find in the area. It is very sad when you cannot trust your family! The thief is locked up now but for a different charge police said that it is my father in law's word against the scumbag drug addict's word. I am just glad the police got him be for i did. I hope if i can find a marlin of that year maybe my father in law will feel a little better. And hopefully hunt again. Thanks again fellow cast boolit members

bedbugbilly
07-08-2017, 05:49 PM
http://oldguns.net/sn_php/marlinlookup.php

Down South
07-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Drug abuse has created many thieves. I've seen it in my own family. Children stealing from their own parents even firearms. Actually anything that they could get their hands on that would bring a fast buck.

I feel for your loss and I hope that you can recover some of the stolen items.

Best thing for the kin that was involved is to let him or her sit in the can for at least a few yrs.
They will either clean up or get harder.
If you turn em loose now, chances are they will go down in a bad drug deal, get shot stealing or croak from an overdose.