PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
07-06-2017, 06:50 AM
For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Is it not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming?

—1 Thessalonians 2:19

Death is the great separator, but Jesus Christ is the great reconciler. Believers who have been separated by death will be brought back together by Jesus. In the rapture of the church, not only will Christians meet the Lord in the air, but we will be reunited with friends and loved ones who have already gone on to be with the Lord. Isn’t that wonderful to know?

If you have lost a loved one who was a believer, you will see him or her again. That is a great comfort for anyone who has ever lost someone they cherished in life. One moment you could be going about your life on earth, and the next moment you could be hurtled into the presence of Jesus Christ Himself and your departed loved ones.

In the second chapter of 1 Thessalonians, the apostle Paul reveals that we not only will be reunited with our Christian loved ones and friends, but we also will be reunited with the people who trusted in Jesus through our witness. He wrote, “For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Is it not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming?” (1 Thessalonians 2:19).

From this it would appear that each of us would have grouped around us in Heaven those whom we helped to believe in Jesus. Understand, God gives the increase in evangelism (see 1 Corinthians 3:7). By His grace, He allows us to participate in the wonderful process of seeing people come to faith. And when we get to Heaven, we’ll be able to see what kind of impact our lives have had.

Doesn’t that make you want to redouble your efforts in personal evangelism? Doesn’t that make you want to do something for Him?

square butte
07-06-2017, 07:32 AM
Yes it does - and Amen to this message. Thank you rl69

Pine Baron
07-06-2017, 08:37 AM
Thank you. rl. My work here on earth, is far from done.

Blackwater
07-06-2017, 06:11 PM
What a great post. And I can't help but wonder what we'll truly see there. Will those we turned away from be noticable in their absennce? Will we be penalized in some way for our acts of omission, which we should have done? I see so many Christians turn away from anyone who mocks them or disparages their beliefs. What would happen if we stood firm, and defended our faith? Who among us can say? But I've found that if we're not intimidated by these mockers/disparagers, and face them totally unafraid, and witness to them and hold firm in our Faith, they really tend to slink away, and usually find some excuse for their breaking the contact. But at least it keeps them from doing it so often and so boldly to others. And that's something. The more of their disparagements and denials we allow, the weaker our world becomes. We Christians are the most powerful and persuasive force upon the earth, IF only we'll just use what we have when the occasion arises. And all we really have to do is seek a real understanding of the reasons we believe, and simply relate them to disbelievers unashamedly and with finality and an appropriate degree of concern for our fellow man. Who knows who's listening and might be moved by our words. It really doesn't take a lot. Simple words usually work the best when witnessing. The only real necessity is that we hold firm, and show we're unafraid of the non-believers, and secure in our convictions. If nothing else, at least we'd be "modelling" for them, and most folks learn from what others say and do, moreso than they do via logic and reason. Especially those who are locked into disbelief. Those walls they've built around themselves tumble down rather easily, actually, if only we have the Faith to direct at them. Witnessing is a lot easier than many folks think. Even I can do it!!!