PDA

View Full Version : Very Cool Gifted Storage Solutions

Bzcraig
07-03-2017, 09:02 PM
My nephew (Army Cpt) brought me these very cool storage containers. The tall one is used to store powder for artillery, note the 1954 pack date. The small square box housed the primer for the powder, also dated 1954. Then a box of grenades (empty :() and finally an individual grenade container. The powder container is air and water tight and still smells like powder! What was really surprising to me was the powder was just recently destroyed because it is no longer usable.

woodbutcher
07-04-2017, 12:11 AM
:) Nice score,other than the grenade box was empty:twisted:.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Artful
07-04-2017, 12:45 AM
Gunpowder kept in the right conditions will last a very long time...

GhostHawk
07-04-2017, 08:03 AM
I bought 3 steel boxes that were I believe originally designed to hold 2 rounds of 105mm howitzer ammo.

Boxes are a smidge smaller than standard .50 cal box but about 3 feet long.

I have 3, one still empty. One is stacked full of shotgun ammo. The is stacked full of vacumn packed heirloom seeds.

I don't move the one full of shotgun shells often. Its a wee bit heavy.

I think if you stripped the meat off the bones you could get all the bones for a human being packed into that box. Add a few pounds of lead, a couple of holes to let air out and dropped into a river I think that is one body they would have a hard time finding.

Sorry about that folks, gears shifted, slipped into creepy crawly mode for a minute there.

Have a glorious 4th all.

Bookworm
07-04-2017, 09:38 AM
I think if you stripped the meat off the bones you could get all the bones for a human being packed into that box. Add a few pounds of lead, a couple of holes to let air out and dropped into a river I think that is one body they would have a hard time finding.

Sorry about that folks, gears shifted, slipped into creepy crawly mode for a minute there.

Have a glorious 4th all.

You aren't the only one that slips into that mode occasionally. I'm here to testify, there are people walking this earth only because the "perfect plan" hasn't yet been formulated.....:twisted: