PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous Dave....again

Guesser
07-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Also old enough to be from his days in California.. 43 Spanish, black powder, shown with my cast bullets and new Bertram brass. His BP loads are in B.E.L.L. cases.

Der Gebirgsjager
07-04-2017, 12:40 AM
Wow..there's a name I haven't run across for many years now....Dangerous Dave Cumberland. I visited his store several times when it was in Montrose (I think that's the name of where it was located) and among other things purchased two cases of Spanish surplus 9mm Largo ammo.
An interesting man with an interesting business, several large pieces of ordnance just sitting out there in the brush.

3006guns
07-22-2017, 08:17 PM
Montague California, that's where his shop was. I got many of his catalogs during that time period, but never had the opportunity to actually visit. Hey, anyone that sells Gatling gun rounds was alright in my book!

jrmartin1964
07-23-2017, 10:51 AM
Easily the most interesting, most colorful, and not always quite "politically correct", graphics were to be found on Dangerous Dave's "Old Western Scrounger" ammo boxes!

GONRA
07-28-2017, 09:45 PM
GONRA got my RockCrusher press from him looong ago.
Probably other stuff too - looong forgotten. RWS .50 BMG and Berdan Primers? ???

TNsailorman
07-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Dave is the one who helped me with Berdan primers for some original .43 Spanish Remington ammo that I bought at a gun show. I have no idea where to find RWS berdan primers these days. james