PDA

View Full Version : Christmas came early

slim1836
07-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Good friend was cleaning up his shop and I was given a bunch of stuff free. He's going to move soon and was downsizing.

Now I know some bash Lee products but I don't. If it weren't for Lee, I would not be casting or reloading.

Among the items were: Lee Loastermaster 5 hole turret press. 6 die plates, 3 shell plates, 3 partial bottles of powder, 4 die sets, Lee powder scale, 1000 large rifle primers, 100 small pistol primers, and the rest I can't recall right now.

Got the press functioning smoothly after getting the dirt out of it, still have to set up the powder thru dispenser. Had some brass bushings (3) that I believe are used for flaring that may go in the powder dispenser that I need to find more info on. Going to primarily use it to reload .45 ACP. I'm just playing with it until I get to know it better. No paperwork came with it so I downloaded what I could find from the internet.

It's my first progressive press so it's a learning curve for me. I cast more than I shoot, so I'll be able to stockpile my 45's for later, I plan on retiring next year.

I'm a happy camper for now. :drinks:

Slim

Bzcraig
07-02-2017, 11:25 PM
Good friend! Good score!

Jal5
07-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Nice friend. Check out loadmastervideos.com

mdi
07-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Lee equipment? Everybody knows it's all junk. So, I'll take that stuff off yer hands and I'll even pay shipping...

TNsailorman
07-05-2017, 06:19 PM
I started out with Lee stuff when that was all I could afford and very little of that to boot. My first set of die was a Lee Loader in 30-06 and I thought I was in hog heaven. I still have some Lee equipment and I still have a few of the Lee Loader and always will. I like doing things the old way. I sold all my progressive presses( 5 Dillons) and I like being an old dinosaur. I love it. james

copdills
07-05-2017, 07:12 PM
you hit the jackpot , good friend you got there

kmw1954
07-06-2017, 02:25 AM
Love it when things fall into my lap though these days it isn't very frequently.

Clean it all up and use it!!! Take your time with the press and learn it's parts, habits and shortcomings.