PDA

View Full Version : For you black powder bow hunters

texasmac
07-26-2008, 01:38 PM
I ran across the following in my archery file. It’s a fun way to get rid of that old powder you’ll likely never use. Remove the ferrule from an aluminum arrow and fill the arrow with black powder. Glue a shotshell primer into the hole where the ferrule was. Glue a BB on the primer and you’re ready to go. Just make sure no one is close to your target or the point of impact as little shards of aluminum will be blown all over the place, and it’s probably not a good idea to shoot it up into the air, especially straight up.

You know, come to think about it, there are some feral cats raising hell and making a mess in our neighborhood. I just may have to dig out the old compound bow and arrows and try this technique out again, although the neighbors might complain.

WARNING: Although the information presented above was extensively tested to insure the information presented is as factual and accurate as possible, the author assumes no liability or responsibility for its use. Nor does he assume any liability or responsibility for inconsistencies, omissions, errors, or inaccuracies in the material, or misinterpretations by the reader. The author also disclaims any other possible liability based upon the use of the information, including liability for negligence, and any damages, injuries, or deaths that may result from using any part or all of the information contained herein.

Wayne

RP
07-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks alot for giving me another way to get in trouble or hurt. Have to add this to another thing i want to do before i die.

wiljen
07-26-2008, 02:23 PM
I am reasonably certain that the federal government frowns on undertaking any such experiment as a form of bomb-making. I would be very careful about admitting to an ongoing criminal enterprise were I the author of the above.

Red River Rick
07-26-2008, 02:34 PM
It's fun....................................until someone looses an eye. Sound familiar.

RRR

texasmac
07-27-2008, 09:25 AM
I posted the information, somewhat in jest, under the assumption that any person reading it here knows how to handle potentially dangerous projectiles and would be aware of the obvious danger if used in an irresponsible manner. I also freely admit to setting off thousands of black powder filled explosives and incendiary devices commonly referred to as firecrackers and fireworks; and yes, if used irresponsibly they also have been know to cause physical damage, including loss of eyesight.

Wayne

boommer
07-28-2008, 11:39 PM
why do people have to warn you about the obvious! do they THINK WE NEED ANOTHER MOMMY!

northmn
08-02-2008, 03:49 PM
When I was on the volunteer ambulance service we had a call where a youngster made a Mcgyver, aluminum foil in a pop bottle adding toilet bowl cleaner. The stuff can take a while or in his case blow immediately. Luckily his sister knew enough to wash his eyes out before we got there. Sheriffs cars everywhere, I even asked on of them which one was the cheapest in case I hit one backing out. they charged the youngster with building a terroistic device and gave him community service. Kids can't even experiment anymore.

Northmn