PDA

View Full Version : Got An Answer

Good Cheer
06-30-2017, 10:07 AM
A little over forty years ago, before asking God if He was really there, I was searching for answers about us, what we are, who and what our creator is and all kinds of those associated questions and concepts. Early one morning I was treated to something. And while this may start sounding like the intro to a Coors commercial, bear with me a moment. Come to think of it, it did kinda look like the video for a Coors commercial.

What I saw was snow melting high up in mountains and trickling down in rivulets, coming down hill into larger and larger flows. Streams, creeks, rivers... the tiny particles of worn rock becoming soil and being carried along until eventually the current slows and the soil gets dropped in a delta. And the water keeps going on out to sea.

The perceiving happened in an instant along with the understanding of the message. The soil is our physicality. The water is spirit. The confirmation gained that morning stayed with me. I didn't make a religion out of it and I'm not going to read into it more than what was presented. Now I know it is in no way in conflict with scripture. And ultimately the confirmation received is a part of what brought me to God.

Der Gebirgsjager
06-30-2017, 10:53 AM
I like that.

And it isn't just some accident that created it all. Someone is there......

dverna
06-30-2017, 12:59 PM
Thank you for sharing GC.

My "answer", involved a lot of heartbreak, but God knew I was too stubborn and pig headed to grasp how He came to you.

ichthyo
06-30-2017, 02:00 PM
Bless you. Thanks for sharing

square butte
06-30-2017, 02:07 PM
Very nice - Appreciate you sharing it. Spiritual food come in many ways

Walla2
06-30-2017, 04:57 PM
Thanks. Comforting.

Wayne Smith
06-30-2017, 07:53 PM
Given that LOML is a geologist I appreciate the image. Remember, the Appalacian Mountians once looked like the Sierra Nevadas or the Rockies. That slow process of wearing makes the difference.

I know - your image and analogy is spiritual. I'm rooted in the reality.