PDA

View Full Version : Challis grips hex drive bushings, bushing removal tool, etc.

Love Life
06-28-2017, 08:06 PM
I recently had reason to change the grip bushings out on a couple of my 1911 pistols. While grips screw bushing removal isn't exactly hard, it can be a tad troublesome sometimes, lol.

As I'm always looking for a better mouse trap, I decided to try the hex bushings, bushing removal tool, and bushing/grip screw O-rings from Challis Grips.

I'll tell you, their grip screw removal tool is pure genius!! The hex bushings are very easy to install with no worry of marring the bushing. The bushing and grip screw O-rings used in conjunction with their bushings provide a cushioned and secure hold of the grips which I find preferable for my ivory grips.

If you are ever in need of new grips screw bushings for a 1911 pistol, check out the Challis hex bushings.

M-Tecs
06-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Interesting produce. Thanks http://www.challisgrips.com/pg/17-Hex-Drive-Bushings.aspx

Love Life
07-01-2017, 09:46 AM
They work as advertised. I have swapped most of my 1911 pistols to the bushings and o-rings due to the use of ivory, mammoth tooth, And stag grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk