PDA

View Full Version : Annealed 5.7 FN brass

just bill
06-27-2017, 09:02 PM
I jumped into case prep a little to fast and I now have about 100 pieces of annealed brass that were not neck resized. Anything I've tried to open the necks crushes them. The only option I can see is trimming them. However I don't want to or like trimming jackets. Any one want to trade for some raw brass or have a suggestion on how to handle the annealed brass.
Bill

blltsmth
06-27-2017, 09:12 PM
p m sent X2!!! NEW IDEAS

just bill
06-28-2017, 04:24 AM
p m sent X2!!! NEW IDEAS

Working on it.

Thanks

Pee Wee
06-28-2017, 03:56 PM
I jumped into case prep a little to fast and I now have about 100 pieces of annealed brass that were not neck resized. Anything I've tried to open the necks crushes them. The only option I can see is trimming them. However I don't want to or like trimming jackets. Any one want to trade for some raw brass or have a suggestion on how to handle the annealed brass.
Bill

Bill:
I did the same thing with 3000 of them. So what I did was put lee case lube on each one on the inside and it worked, Just put a glob on your finger and then stick the case down on your finger so that some of the case lube is all around the open end of the case and then gently run it up into the expander. You will still loose a couple but they will expand.
good luck
Pee Wee

just bill
06-29-2017, 11:44 AM
Pee Wee, the expander is what is crushing the annealed brass. I have another expander to try, however blltsmth pm'd with an idea that may just work in addition to an expander. Gotta go make a modified punch/expander, more tools/toys to play with.
Bill