PDA

View Full Version : WTB Broken Lee C-frame Press

jimkim
06-26-2017, 11:25 PM
I'm looking for a broken Lee Reloader press. That's the little dinky C-frame press. If the price is good I'll buy a whole one. Thanks

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

jimkim
06-28-2017, 11:56 PM
Bump.

Any Cal.
06-29-2017, 02:57 AM
You can probably get parts for the price of shipping if you order them off the LEE website, fyi.

Grmps
06-29-2017, 03:46 AM
if you can't find the part on Lee's site call them, you can buy each piece individually

JBinMN
06-29-2017, 11:03 AM
I am not sure why you would want a broken one when a new one is only $32.45 +shipping(around$40 +/- total I would guess) here:
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000690045/breech-lock-reloader-single-stage-press

I guess I don't really understand your situation, but it seems to me that rather than buying a broken one, I would buy a new one & save my broken one for the parts off it that I could use, at that price.(at $40+/- or so)

Regardless... G'luck! with your search.
:)

RGrosz
06-29-2017, 12:56 PM
Don't know for sure Might have one that the frame broke when we survived the great flood and I tried to 'fix' it, ended up buying a new one. Now I've gotten more experienced and better at removing rust from some stuff to clean it up. Slowly getting back to a working bench but still a work in progress.
Will check at home over the weekend and if you're still in need of one we'll make a deal.
Rob

RogerDat
06-29-2017, 01:11 PM
I read that as wtb broken press for real cheap or working one if price was right.
Lot of times Lee will send replacement parts at little or no cost BUT do not order anything else with the "warranty" part. If you do then you pay shipping for the whole order. Be sort of a bummer to pay shipping on a press frame because you ordered a washer.

I like Lee equipment but the old cast c-presses can be had for a price competitive with new Lee, me like the older cast c-press so might be worth considering if one of those might be a better choice. Especially since shipping is a chunk of the overall cost.

jimkim
06-29-2017, 04:25 PM
I have a new frame. I bought it several years ago. I was using it as a powder measure stand. That frame costed about half what the cheapest stand did. I thought it looked better too. Now, I've decided to build a small portible press using that frame. I plan on boxing the frame with thick aircraft aluminium, reinforcing the base, and relocating the linkages to the top of the frame. Think of it as a lightweight miniature Redding 700 Ultramag.