PDA

View Full Version : Lyman EASY Loader Shot-Shell Press

dsh1106
06-23-2017, 08:21 AM
Anyone out have one of these press that is setup for ROLL CRIMPING?

I'm missing the SHELL HOLDER that is used in the last sizing / crimping station.

If anyone has one of these, I'd like a picture or two and possibly some dimensions so I can make one. If you don't use it, I can buy it.

Let me know.

Thanks
Scott

Bent Ramrod
06-23-2017, 12:27 PM
The EZ-Loader setup I played around with had the regular pie crimp die. I think you would have to go to the earlier "Straight-Line" hand shotshell Loader to get the misnamed "Star" crimp, which was the rolled over the shot card crimp.

I packed all the EZ-Loader stuff off to Pressman when I was done with it. The aluminum shell holder looked like a typical, if oversized, shell holder, with a rim cut and a cut for the base. It had a stalk that slid into the holes on the base of the machine.

If you actually plan to reload extensively with that thing, I would be interested in hearing your impressions.

dsh1106
06-23-2017, 12:49 PM
The EZ-Loader setup I played around with had the regular pie crimp die. I think you would have to go to the earlier "Straight-Line" hand shotshell Loader to get the misnamed "Star" crimp, which was the rolled over the shot card crimp.

I packed all the EZ-Loader stuff off to Pressman when I was done with it. The aluminum shell holder looked like a typical, if oversized, shell holder, with a rim cut and a cut for the base. It had a stalk that slid into the holes on the base of the machine.

If you actually plan to reload extensively with that thing, I would be interested in hearing your impressions.

BR

I'm using the Easy Shot-Shell Loader (I think this model 1st came out in 64-65), not the EZY Loader.

I have used my EZY Loader up and loaded a box of shells, neat old press but in all practicality the Straight Line loading tools were easier to use and actually quicker. I would like to find a 12 gauge Rifled SLUG making kit to try in both my EZY Loader and my AA turret press.

I have the same opinion of the AA turret press shot-shell loading setup, not a huge improvement over the Straight Line or the EZY setup, the only thing that I thought was better was the priming setup.

I was able to find a picture of the piece I need.

Thanks
Scott

dsh1106
06-23-2017, 05:18 PM
dsh1106,

I have an EASY loader I purchased new forty plus year ago. The shell holder is like the one here (http://www.trapshooters.com/attachments/photo-3-copy-jpg.268777/).

If this is the type of shell holder you require, I can email you a drawing of the 12 gauge shell holder as pictured.

PB

Thanks PB

But the holder I'm looking for is from the Roll Crimping Kit, the one in your post, I already have. Thanks for the offer.

Scott