PDA

View Full Version : Working with the flintlock today

FrontierMuzzleloading
06-20-2017, 05:18 PM
I got my Traditions Mountain Rifle out today. Its been a while but she didn't let me down!

I used 70gr 3fg Goex, .020" Patch and .490" round balls at 50 yards to get warmed up.

This MR's pan likes a heavy dose of 4fg, but fires it instantly. Accuracy overall for 5 shots was excellent.

I am actually going to order a couple cva bobcat style rear sights and tap those in to see if it clears up the rear sight for me. Ever since getting my eyes updated, that rear sight is just a wee bit fuzzy now. Or it was the glare today, that always is an issue.

Just a nice simple, accurate deer load I may try out this september.
http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w581/FrontierMuzzleloading/Traditional/IMG_9287.jpg

bedbugbilly
06-20-2017, 06:50 PM
Looks like it was a nice day to play in CO! A guy needs take time every now and then to "smell the smoke"! Great photo and a nice looking fainter!

FrontierMuzzleloading
06-20-2017, 06:58 PM
Looks like it was a nice day to play in CO! A guy needs take time every now and then to "smell the smoke"! Great photo and a nice looking fainter!

Darn nice! Only 80 today. Had spent a week at rendezvous and it was in the mid 90s! My friend and I took 1st in the mountain man survival shoot. Way to much fun!

jjarrell
06-21-2017, 10:24 PM
Great shooting. You can't get too much better than that. That's meat on the table.

Hanshi
06-22-2017, 02:59 PM
I got my Traditions Mountain Rifle out today. Its been a while but she didn't let me down!

I used 70gr 3fg Goex, .020" Patch and .490" round balls at 50 yards to get warmed up.

This MR's pan likes a heavy dose of 4fg, but fires it instantly. Accuracy overall for 5 shots was excellent.

I am actually going to order a couple cva bobcat style rear sights and tap those in to see if it clears up the rear sight for me. Ever since getting my eyes updated, that rear sight is just a wee bit fuzzy now. Or it was the glare today, that always is an issue.

Just a nice simple, accurate deer load I may try out this september.
http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w581/FrontierMuzzleloading/Traditional/IMG_9287.jpg

That's what I call fine accuracy! And that's great shooting, period! I had my cataracts removed and see well, now, at distances. But I have to wear reading glasses to see the front sight. Good luck.