PDA

View Full Version : N Frame Grips

41special
06-19-2017, 11:24 PM
Have a N frame round butt, thinking of trying these, anyone have a pair? From the Boone Trading company.

Char-Gar
06-19-2017, 11:38 PM
Nope but I have two pair of Herretts round to square but conversion grips.

GaryN
06-20-2017, 01:03 AM
I had a pair of Herrets on a Ruger Security Six a couple of decades ago. Those are nice grips. I shouldn't have sold that gun.

Lefty Red
06-20-2017, 06:11 AM
I had a Boone Trading Company set for a SBH. Had them put the Ruger logos on them and fitted to my frame. I thought it was an outstanding job for $85 including shipping.

Lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasquatch-1
06-20-2017, 08:17 AM
Got these from AltaMont (https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/). The grips with scrimshaw cost me $60.00 when I got them.

Dan Cash
06-20-2017, 08:39 AM
Can't abide plastic pistol grips.

KCSO
06-20-2017, 09:46 AM
They are nice grips for single action shooting but large for my hand for good double action work. They do soak up the recoil though. I prefer the new slimmed down roper grips for quick work or a grip adapter and standard grips. You need to feel them on a gun before you will know if they are right for you.

Guesser
06-20-2017, 09:46 AM
I used Hogue round to square on my RB "N" frames. Hogue has a variety of materials and the fit & finish is superb.

bigted
06-24-2017, 03:46 PM
While not the most sexy nor attractive ... I much prefer the packmeyer presentation grips. They fit my hand perfectly and are not all that ugly to me.

bigboredad
06-29-2017, 09:10 AM
I have a set of VZ grips on my 625 you have the choice of staying with a round grip or going to the square but conversion. If you have short fingers like I do they are perfect for double action work

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

bigboredad
06-29-2017, 09:31 AM
I'm

357Mag
06-29-2017, 12:53 PM
.41Spl -

Howdy !

Been shootin' square butt "N"s in .357Mag for 40+yr.

Did the rubber Pachy' grips for a while, but an currently on my second set of Herrett's " Jordan Trooper's ".

First set was walnut, and I had to fashion my own speedloader relief in the Lt panel, myself.
Second set is Goncalo Alves, and Herrett's duplicated my speedloader relief for the second set.... using my first set as an guide.

The Herrett's ( Jordan Trooper ) stocks are the 2nd best thing I ever did, to help w/ my revolver
shooting/accuracy/speed/comfort/control; especially the latter. The #1 best thing was/is practice.

I DK a thing about shooting a revolver w/ plastic stocks.

With regards,
357Mag

bigboredad
07-01-2017, 06:30 PM
I didn't realize micarta was plastic

CHeatermk3
07-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Micarta, from Wikipedia:

"Micarta is a brand name for composites of linen, canvas, paper, fiberglass, carbon fiber or other fabric in a thermosetting plastic. It was originally used in electrical and decorative applications. Micarta was developed by George Westinghouse at least as early as 1910 using phenolic resins invented by Leo Baekeland. These resins were used to impregnate paper and cotton fabric which were cured under pressure and high temperature to produce laminates. In later years this manufacturing method included the use of fiberglass fabric and other resin types were also used. Today Micarta high pressure industrial laminates are produced with a wide variety of resins and fibers. The term has been used generically for most resin impregnated fibre compounds. Common uses of modern high pressure laminates are as electrical insulators, printed circuit board substrates, and knife handles.

The Micarta trademark is a registered trademark of Industrial Laminates / Norplex, Inc. (dba Norplex-Micarta)."

Very tough and smooth stuff--We used tools made of it in the Papermill where I worked to slab down Parent rolls of paper. It replaced the old tools that were made of whalebone.