PDA

View Full Version : WTS: or trade upper half of a marlin 99 M1

nagantguy
06-19-2017, 04:41 PM
I have for sale or trade a barrel, receiver ,bolt and mag tube for a marlin 99M1 the cute little 22 made by marlin to look like the M1 carbine. This is missing sites and trigger group and stock bolt looks complete but I'm no expert on this flavor. The mag tube has spring and follower and I loaded 8 rounds and 8 ejected out by working the charging handle . This must be pre 68 as there are no serial numbers;I've read that at the marlin owners forum;face to face in MI preferred but make sure your dealer will except from an individual. It's taking me forever to get photos to load so if you want more I'll text or email them to you,the rifling looks pretty good. I'd like to trade for a 10/22 receiver with barrel or an ar lower of some flavor complete.or anything that you think may strike my fancy we will call cash price $150 , its in pretty decent shape considering the age and would make a great project or parts rifle

nagantguy
06-19-2017, 10:49 PM
Shameless self promotional bump!

nagantguy
06-20-2017, 10:00 AM
If my price is out of line make offer,looks like what I'm seeing for parts I'm reasonable finding a barrel for the m99 is like finding 22 long rifle cci's for 1.99 a box! As in ain't gonna happen

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-20-2017, 11:28 AM
I edited your title,
please re-read the rules, as the recently changed.
we now have a format for titles.

Thin Man
06-20-2017, 11:28 AM
A local estate auction had a 99 M1 on the block. Someone placed a $300 bid for it online, then forgot to pay when no one outbid them. The rifle went back to the estate and was later bought by the auctioneer, price unknown. The rifle was missing the front and rear sights but was wearing a Redfield 4X rimfire scope. The inside and outside of the rifle and scope were nasty dirty. When the bolt was drawn to the rear it would very slowly crawl forward and might or might not lock closed. No idea if the scope would regulate. This was surprising as the deceased owner was a competitive rifle shooter, handloader, etc. and left about 160 high quality modern bolt action rifles and quality antique rifles, a few nice shotguns and 2 handguns. There seem to be no rules on estates - you find what you find in them.

nagantguy
06-20-2017, 02:13 PM
This half is fairly clean and bolt seems to work fine what few scratches and rust there is is very minimal seeing as this sat on a shelf in a second hand store for so long the guy could remember when he put it there but the hunting mags underneath it were dated late 70s -early 1980s!

nagantguy
06-20-2017, 03:08 PM
I can't be the only one with half a project gun looking for a different project gun.

nagantguy
06-22-2017, 01:43 PM
$100 plus shipping takes it.

nagantguy
06-26-2017, 06:56 PM
Okay deal time guys and gals!!!!! Things I need......brass/media separator ,bench mounted priming tools , 35 caliber gas checks , 308 jwords 125s 165-168s , pistol caliber contender barrels, molds suitable for 35 Remington and or 375 mag , Iver Johnson Champion break action shotguns , I'll add cash to the right offers to make things fair,ask anyone who's dealt with me I go all the way to ensure satisfied customers!!! You probly have something like a 10/22 barrel or action or some other shiny that I don't even know I want yet, let's deal so when we are old we can talk about the good old horse trading days!