PDA

View Full Version : Fogged glasses

Goatwhiskers
06-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Can't remember for the life of me (CRS) where I read this but wanted to share it 'cause it works. How many of us are plagued by fogged glasses or 'scope lenses? Take some soap on your fingertip--any kind, liquid is good--and rub on the lense. Let dry and polish with a clean soft cloth. Voila! Problem solved. You're welcome. GW

Bzcraig
06-18-2017, 02:56 PM
If I can only remember this when I need it!

JBinMN
06-18-2017, 10:31 PM
I use shaving cream that has lanolin in it. Just a dab on both side right & left & then wipe off with a clean cloth til the lenses are clear again. Works for windshields in the Winter also. You can go in & out of the cold outdoors to the warm insides & not have to deal with the fogging. Ya do have to repeat after a few days to a week or so, if ya are cleaning your glasses with something that "cuts' the lanolin, but no issue with it...
;)

PS - Works for binos, & scopes also. So your breath does not fog them.
;)

PPS... Another tip for those of us who live in cold weather climes.. Use some spray "anti antiperspirant" on your feet before ya put on your socks & Winter boots, and your feet do not sweat so much & make your socks wet & make boots cold from the difference in temps between your feet & the cold ground. Just another tip to share. Right before Summer...LOL
;)