PDA

View Full Version : As for me

claude
06-15-2017, 11:54 PM
I may post a few of these, but today there is this, no commentary on my part, just an interesting passage;

(1 Samuel 12:20-25) "¶ And Samuel said unto the people, Fear not: ye have done all this wickedness: yet turn not aside from following the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart; {21} And turn ye not aside: for then should ye go after vain things, which cannot profit nor deliver; for they are vain. {22} For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name’s sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people. {23} Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way: {24} Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you. {25} But if ye shall still do wickedly, ye shall be consumed, both ye and your king."

Gary

GhostHawk
06-16-2017, 07:08 AM
That last verse, does anyone need more warning to stop sinning and change their ways?

Good lesson, thank you for posting.

Boaz
06-16-2017, 07:33 AM
I agree with Ghosthawk ...good verse . Carries a message .

Blackwater
06-16-2017, 01:18 PM
What a timely post with our nation, the last bastion of Christianity in this world (even as poorly as it exists now!) now being outwardly and openly challenged to continue to be what we were always intended to be, as a nation, a people and in the world. Thanks. Great post! I fear that last verse may well be something that lies ahead for all of us, the wicked and the righteous alike. We the "righteous" have ceased really trying to carry out the Great Commission, and tend to gather ourselves together in our little cliques, when we ought to be out disseminating what we collectively know, or ought to know. I fear for my country. I feel an awesome and neglected obligation is upon us, and if we do not meet it solidly, nothing good is going to come from our timidity. God help us all!