PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for Turbulence

WRideout
06-14-2017, 09:09 AM
This is a nod to Boaz, who more or less suggested something like this:

1 Thessalonians 5:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

God grant me the turmoil
To understand that some things are beyond my control;
Fear to believe that I will be overwhelmed;
And lack of understanding so that I will always turn to you for the answer.

Wayne

USMC87
06-14-2017, 09:17 AM
Amen.

Bzcraig
06-14-2017, 09:27 PM
That is a bold prayer and one worth praying.

shoot-n-lead
06-15-2017, 04:21 AM
That is indeed, bold and worth praying.

claude
06-15-2017, 05:19 AM
Much as David, many of us seek to be tried, proven, edified;

Psa 26:1-3 KJV A Psalm of David. Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide. (2) Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. (3) For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.

Lucky for us He (the LORD), in His infinite wisdom, has compassion on us;

1Co 10:12-13 KJV Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. (13) There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Have strength my friend, when you're waist deep in alligators, remember your ROCK;

Isa 51:1 KJV Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged.

Gary

square butte
06-15-2017, 06:17 AM
I suspect most of us are living in at least a bit of turbulence already. If I ask to be at the center of God's Will, turbulence will find me at the Hand of God - As will Grace and Mercy.

GhostHawk
06-15-2017, 07:36 AM
Amen and Amen!

Blackwater
06-16-2017, 01:53 PM
What a wonderful post, and commentary as well! So apt! All of it!