PDA

View Full Version : The offer of salvation

Boaz
06-14-2017, 06:26 AM
Most here know and understand GOD's offer of salvation . Most have accepted that offer . Some when very young and others at different times of their lives . I would like to ask at least three questions about that offer to edify myself and possibly others . In the process of answering I believe it would also be bearing witness . Nothing I would ask is hard .

Boaz
06-14-2017, 07:09 AM
What is GOD's offer of salvation ?

Wayne Smith
06-14-2017, 07:31 AM
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, and you house." Probably ought to take the quotes off - that's from my very fallible memory. Paul to the jailer.

GhostHawk
06-14-2017, 07:39 AM
Believe, feed my sheep for faith must have good works. And instead of death when this life is done we win eternal life with the Lord.

All that is of this world will fade away, but we can be saved.

Pine Baron
06-14-2017, 08:24 AM
Romans 6 23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

skeettx
06-14-2017, 08:50 AM
Romans 10:9-10 Contemporary English Version (CEV)

9 So you will be saved, if you honestly say, “Jesus is Lord,” and if you believe with all your heart that God raised him from death. 10 God will accept you and save you, if you truly believe this and tell it to others.

Saved = Being adopted into God's family. I sinned, and separated myself from God, God saw the rift and sent His only begotten Son to pay the price for my sins. Having accepted his offer, and my debt being paid, I was adopted into God's family. So, being adopted, I get to go live with Him when the earthly stay is over :)

w5pv
06-14-2017, 09:59 AM
Acts 5:13 says it all

claude
06-14-2017, 10:54 AM
I think the simplicity of the Fathers offer is summed up here;

(John 3:15-17) "That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. {16} ¶ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. {17} For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

There is nothing more required, and nothing less will suffice.

Gary

Ickisrulz
06-15-2017, 10:52 AM
I'll just add that true faith is not merely mental assent. True faith results in changed behavior and perspective. There are many who believe in God and that Jesus is his son but do not have saving faith. They are not true Christians despite what they believe.

But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? James 2:18-20.

Blackwater
06-16-2017, 01:31 PM
God's offer of salvation is very simple: Either we accept Him and act accordingly, or we reject him, and act as we please. As you've so often noted, it's purely a personal choice that each of us makes, whether we want to or not. It is the one thing that identifies us as His sheep, or one of satan's goats. Just because God is so immense, does NOT mean He can't be very simple, particularly when dealing with us, and our willful and limited minds and tendencies. That's really all there is to it, IMO.