PDA

View Full Version : Ballisticast Mark VI vs. Magma Star

HickoryCreek
11-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Does anyone have these that can offer a comparison on them. Are there any negatives other than price to either one of them. It seems that I see and read a lot more about the star so I am guessing that I may find more info here about that one. The only info I have seen on the Mark VI is on gunblast. Gunblast stated that the ballisticast one was better with improvements to the Star but didn't really state what they were other than no nose punches needed :veryconfu Any info anyone could give on these would be greatly :bigsmyl2: appreciated.

LAH
11-13-2005, 05:27 PM
The Ballisti Cast is a heavier duty version of the Star. I like some of it's features like the bullet feed wheel. One of the it's main problems is adjusting the bullet punch. It's harder than needed. Kelly, at castperformance, rethreaded his to take 1/2 inch rod with a lock nut. His Mini Sizer now adjusts like the Star.

Unless you're really going to use this sizer 4-6 hours per day, go with the Star. I sized a couple tons of bullets with my Star and can say for the hobby caster, it's all that's needed. Just my two...