PDA

View Full Version : 17 Hornet Contender.

Tenbender
06-11-2017, 09:12 PM
Bought a 17 Hornet barrel from Arthur Brown Co. the other day. I had no brass so I ordered 2 boxes of Hornady factory loads. 25 and 20 gr.'s . The 25's were so hot they were blowing primers. The 20 gr. were fine.
I called Midway and they wouldn't help. Called Hornady and they won't help so I'm stuck. The brass that blew primers won't hold another new primer. Tomorrow I'm going to pull the bullets and salvage the remainder of the brass.
I am no longer a Hornady or Midway customer. I found 200 new Winchester 22 hornet brass on Gun Broker. I will make my brass the old fashion way.

dale2242
06-12-2017, 08:42 AM
Hornady had some loaded 17 Hornet brass with oversized primer pockets.
A friend bought 750 rounds of it from Midway.
No dealer will let you return ammo but you would think Hornady would stand by it....dale

Tenbender
06-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Up-date: Got a call from Hornady. They want to look at the ammo. There sending a pickup by UPS so I might get a replacement ?

Lance Boyle
06-12-2017, 11:19 AM
I would be pretty sure you would get replacement.

Iowa Fox
06-12-2017, 12:28 PM
The 17HH has been problematic since its conception. I've had a 17AH for a long time, sweet little round with no problems. Same goes for the 17 Fireball. Just this morning I was telling myself I'm not buying any more new factory stuff.

Tenbender
06-28-2017, 09:35 AM
Got a call this morning from Hornady. They told me the box I had problems with were all ok ? He said the pressure was good but the bullet speed was low ? lol Anyway they wanted to replace my box of factory ammo and said my headspace must be off . Like I said earlier , the other factory ammo and my hand loads are fine with no pressure sign's. We decided for them to send me new brass for the box I returned. He bettered that by sending me double brass ? I will see what I actually get. lol That is called covering your butt don't you think ?

Tenbender
07-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Hornady sent me 100 new brass. I'm ok with that .