PDA

View Full Version : Another Question on .219 Zipper

Winchester71-348
06-11-2017, 04:14 PM
More fun twist and turns. The Fl RCBS dies I got that I was told was for the 219 IMp 40* turns are 219 Standard. Figured that one out as soon as I ran one of my nice newly fire formed cases through it and it came out as a standard. lol Oh well!.. I remember that I had a load of once fired 32 Spl brass that I had placed on Leverguns for sale but never got any interest in, still sitting in a bag. I ran them through the resizing dies and they came out great. Next to Anneal them as well. Looks like I'll be loading standard 219 to play with. Since I will have a nice batch of chamber fired formed brass. What would be the most economical way of bullet seating with out buying an expensive set of 219 Zip Imp 40* dies. I was wondering if I could get something like a 22-250 bullet seat just to seat bullets? I figure I would just de prime them with an old decapping rod and base.
Since they were fired formed in my gun I would believe all I need to do is check over all length. Correct?

bcp
06-15-2017, 01:03 PM
Hornady seating dies are not cartridge specific. They only guide by the neck.

On this chart you can see that several cartridges of about the same length use the same seating die.

http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/Reloading_Essentials_Chart.pdf

They don't show one for 219 Z for some reason, but I would expect the seater for the 225 Win would work for both 219Z and 219Z IMP.

Might be worth a call or email.

Bruce