PDA

View Full Version : My prayer has been answered

DCP
06-10-2017, 05:13 PM
I asked for strength and God gave me difficulties to make me strong

I asked for wisdom God and gave me problems to solve.

I asked for prosperity and God gave me a brawn and a brain to work.

I asked for courage and God gave me dangerous to overcome.

I asked for patience God placed me in a situation where I was forced to wait.

I asked for love and God gave me troubled people to help.

I asked for favors and God gave me opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted I received everything I needed.

MY PRAYER HAS BEEN ANSWERED

GhostHawk
06-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Needed, not wanted, that is the key. Like any good father. Don't give what will spoil the child. Give what will teach it, grow it. Get it to work and think and learn.

I stopped asking for things a long time ago.

The last one was I asked for a wife, a help mate. I wanted someone young and pretty.
I was given a woman with a daughter who needed me. But that woman has a huge heart, a strong back, shoulders like a Green Bay Packer Linebacker. A willingness to dig in and work till the work was done.

He gave me what I needed, not what I wanted. And praise the Lord for it.

Nowdays I just ask for health, help and healing for others. I am content with my life. I lack for nothing. I have no insurmountable problems.

Praise him with great praise. To God be the Glory forever and ever amen.

Pine Baron
06-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Amen. Amen.

USMC87
06-11-2017, 08:47 AM
Amen, I am really uplifted by your post if we are all honest that is exactly what our lives are like serving God.

Preacher Jim
06-11-2017, 05:32 PM
He said He would provide our needs. We have to understand wants are not always needs.

buckwheatpaul
06-12-2017, 06:49 AM
Amen....God always gives us what we need! It might not be what we want....but somehow it always works out.....I try to thank God for the things He gives me that I know about as well as the things he gives me that I am not aware of. Paul

jimlj
06-12-2017, 12:49 PM
I honestly believe that God answers all of our prayers. Sometime we get the answer we don't want, but they are answered. If we truly look, most times we can recognize the answers are what we need.

shoot-n-lead
06-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Amen!