PDA

View Full Version : Redding Model 7 C Press

hawkenhunter50
06-09-2017, 04:03 AM
Anyone here using this press? I got a used one that I think might be missing some parts. When depriming the spent primers go everywhere. Is there something that should contain them? Also the shellholder slips right in & out. Real easy to pull brass & shellholder out of the press together. It has holes that look like maybe a set screw is used to hold the shellholder in. Looking for someone that has a complete one to steer me towards what I might be missing on mine. Thanks.

sawinredneck
06-09-2017, 04:26 AM
Can't find out anything on the primer catcher, sorry, but it seems it's supposed to use special shell holders and was made '68-69 era.
Here's a video on a similar press, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WNyp1Ha-jH4

mdhillbilly1
06-09-2017, 05:27 AM
Anyone here using this press? I got a used one that I think might be missing some parts. When depriming the spent primers go everywhere. Is there something that should contain them? Also the shellholder slips right in & out. Real easy to pull brass & shellholder out of the press together. It has holes that look like maybe a set screw is used to hold the shellholder in. Looking for someone that has a complete one to steer me towards what I might be missing on mine. Thanks.
Contact Redding

http://www.redding-reloading.com/how-to-return-products-for-warranty-repair

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Wayne Smith
06-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Both of my Bair presses use a shell holder base that uses a set screw.

mdhillbilly1
06-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Can't find out anything on the primer catcher, sorry, but it seems it's supposed to use special shell holders and was made '68-69 era.
Here's a video on a similar press, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WNyp1Ha-jH4
Contact Highboy that is in the video as he just refurbished his second unit and might have extra shell holders or know of a source. I have Pacific Single Stage Press that I love.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Walt
06-19-2017, 04:33 PM

Have you got the answers you're looking for yet? I have one of these and may be able to help.

hawkenhunter50
06-21-2017, 09:03 PM
Have you got the answers you're looking for yet? I have one of these and may be able to help.

I guess I have not, basically just trying to find out if this uses special shellholders or regular ones with a set screw, i used regular ones but when removing the brass, they slide right off the ram if you arent careful. Also when depriming the primers just fly wherever, wondering if I am missing a containment piece. I have a rock chucker that has a plastic tray they are guided into. So just trying to find out if I am missing pieces for those 2 things and if so what are they? Thanks

Pressman
06-22-2017, 08:02 AM
It uses regular shellholders but they are held in with a tiny set screw inside the grove around the top of the ram. It's most likely missing. ACE hardware has replacements. Or watch the video and not that he is not using the set screw either. The shellholder is rotated 90 degrees to the left so he can slip cases in and out.

As for a primer catcher, I am working with a fuzzy memory, I think there was one available, I think. It would have been a cast iron cup fitted around the front of the press.

Ken

hawkenhunter50
06-22-2017, 08:16 PM
It uses regular shellholders but they are held in with a tiny set screw inside the grove around the top of the ram. It's most likely missing. ACE hardware has replacements. Or watch the video and not that he is not using the set screw either. The shellholder is rotated 90 degrees to the left so he can slip cases in and out.

As for a primer catcher, I am working with a fuzzy memory, I think there was one available, I think. It would have been a cast iron cup fitted around the front of the press.

Ken

Great thanks thats exactly what I was looking for. Will do some searching for a primer catcher. Bought the press with the idea of using it for a dedicated deprimer press. Once i tried that one time, that was the end of that, primers were everywhere!!

Walt
06-23-2017, 04:44 PM
I guess I have not, basically just trying to find out if this uses special shellholders or regular ones with a set screw, i used regular ones but when removing the brass, they slide right off the ram if you arent careful. Also when depriming the primers just fly wherever, wondering if I am missing a containment piece. I have a rock chucker that has a plastic tray they are guided into. So just trying to find out if I am missing pieces for those 2 things and if so what are they? Thanks

If it's the press I'm thinking of it does not use a set screw to retain the standard shell holders. It uses a C shaped steel clip. It also uses a horseshoe shaped plastic primer catcher. If you PM me your email address I'll send pictures. LMK

hawkenhunter50
06-23-2017, 07:53 PM
If it's the press I'm thinking of it does not use a set screw to retain the standard shell holders. It uses a C shaped steel clip. It also uses a horseshoe shaped plastic primer catcher. If you PM me your email address I'll send pictures. LMK

Thank you for the offer sir, PM sent

hawkenhunter50
06-28-2017, 07:24 PM

Received the pics, and they were a great help. Thats the same press and now I know what parts I need to find. Thank you much for the help.