PDA

View Full Version : What ?

Boaz
06-06-2017, 09:08 PM
What has GOD given you ? Nothing ?

aspangler
06-06-2017, 09:27 PM
What has GOD given you ? Nothing ?
Never nothing. Always something. Even our trials turn out to be blessings. But if nothing else, He gave to me eternal life through the shed blood of His Precious Son Jesus.
Nothing? NEVER!

Thundarstick
06-06-2017, 11:37 PM
His most precious gift, a saviour, a mediator, a life that is alive!

jem102
06-07-2017, 12:54 AM
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him!
How I've proved him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust him more!

shoot-n-lead
06-07-2017, 03:53 AM
GOD has given it ALL to me...everything...most importantly, is my salvation.

USMC87
06-07-2017, 07:25 AM
God has revealed my wickedness and has brought me to salvation in Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior, All that I am is due to God's faithfulness and mercy upon me.

square butte
06-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Everything - every heart beat - every breath - every shred of anything I ever thought I had, even when I thought I worked hard for it - And all the bad stuff I thought was being done to me that turned out to be done for me

1johnlb
06-07-2017, 08:07 AM
His LOVE!!!

Blackwater
06-07-2017, 01:39 PM
God gave us everything we have in the entire universe. It ALL belongs to Him, though. The ONLY thing we have that is uniquely and entirely ours, is our free will to choose what we will do. And our natural instincts are to serve our own wills. What's divine is when we rise above our sinful natures, and follow His will instead of our own. It's not easy, and we all falter, but .... it's really the best "game" in town. I am both thankful and humbled that He'd provide us with such a benefit, through which He can determine who is worthy of Heaven, by accepting Christ's immaculate sacrifice, and who cannot be allowed into that perfect realm. He gives us our own right to "sentence" our own selves in His "court." Truly, He knows how to separate the wheat from the chaff. What a wonderful and awesome Lord we serve!

dverna
06-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Interesting question. Until less than two weeks ago, I would have ignored this post. My answer then would have nothing. It would have been my parents gave me a good home and I worked hard to provide for my family and be "successful"----whatever that means.

Now, I see the bigger picture.

At my current level of faith, I would say Jesus. Without Jesus, it is very simple for a non believer to read the Bible and dismiss the bulk of it. Many of you may not accept it....but that is because you believe.

The reports about Jesus are what flipped the switch for me. Everything told to us about Jesus could not be fabrication and embellishment. So for me it is Jesus as He brought me to faith.

1johnlb
06-12-2017, 05:18 AM
So for me it is Jesus as He brought me to faith.

Hebrews
12 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Several weeks ago He put a word in my spirit for a person, and I told her. it was just simply Jesus loves you. She was a foreigner, so to make sure she understood english I first asked, if she knew who Jesus is and she immediately blurted out, " yeah but I don't believe", but I told her anyway. I walked away and began to ask Him what that about and what birthed in my spirit was this verse, " Jesus, the Aurthor and Finisher of her faith".

Your statement is so true and we'll said.

Blackwater
06-16-2017, 03:11 PM
Don, that's a powerful insight. Thanks. And you're right. God didn't HAVE to send us His Son. But he DID. And what a wonderful and awesome gift THAT was! Only by his shed blood can we come to Him now. What a wonderful and loving God we truly serve!