PDA

View Full Version : What is mankinds purpose in relation to/with God?

Thundarstick
06-06-2017, 06:47 PM
Not stirring a pot, not seeking an endless debate, I'm truly interested in others views and or doctoring on this.

Scriptural references would be greatly appreciated.

cpileri
06-06-2017, 07:17 PM
to know, love and serve Him in this life; and to be happy with Him forever in Heaven.

exile
06-06-2017, 07:26 PM
"For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." John 6:40 (N.A.S.B.)

exile

In other words, God's purpose for our lives is redemption through the blood of His Son, Jesus Christ.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.'" John 14:6 (N.A.S.B.)

GhostHawk
06-06-2017, 08:55 PM
To Live, Love, Worship the Lord, feed his sheep.

Bzcraig
06-06-2017, 09:08 PM
To Live, Love, Worship the Lord, feed his sheep.

This.....

1johnlb
06-07-2017, 08:38 AM
Relationship.
From in the beginning to revalations amen, every story and every book has one base theme, God's desire to have someone to share His love with.

I shall be their God and they shall be my people.

Preacher Jim
06-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Jesus summed it up, love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul. And love your brother as yourself.

Thundarstick
06-07-2017, 09:49 AM
These are all great thoughtful comments to think on. Thank you

Blackwater
06-07-2017, 01:23 PM
All good comments, but mostly, I'll have to go with Ghost. More generally, we were created because it pleased God to do so, and our purpose, therefore, I think, is simply to be pleasing to God. Good question. Sure makes us think!

Ickisrulz
06-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Think of the highest and most noble reasons couples want to have children. This will give a good idea of why God created man.

Luke 3:38 "Adam was the son of God."

Parson
06-07-2017, 04:23 PM
Rev. 4:11

Boaz
06-07-2017, 08:13 PM
I have enjoy this conversation/sharing . Thank you ! (don't stop!)

Thundarstick
06-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Rev 14:7 I believe mankind was created to worship, honor, and praise the creator. For me, how I treat others falls into honor for Christ.

Ickisrulz
06-08-2017, 09:54 AM
I have thought long and hard about this. I do not agree that the reason God created man was so he would have someone to worship him. That is too self serving to ascribe to God knowing what we do about him.

God's purpose in creating man is seen in the Bible as being for fellowship, instruction and revelation. Man was created in God's likeness (i.e., intellect, will and emotion) and God desires man to become even more like him through learning and choice. Worship necessarily follows, but it is an outcome of man's creation not the purpose.

We do not know what man's role will be on the other side of this life. But I highly doubt our mission is standing in front of God's throne for eternity singing his praises. I don't believe this is the role of any of God's creates despite the Bible's visions of heavenly creatures who are highly symbolic. This would be an incredible waste of redeemed humanity's potential.

Blackwater
06-10-2017, 04:28 PM
After rereading this today, 1john's post struck me: "God's desire to have someone to share His love with." And indeed, love is the only thing I know of that, when shared, results in yet MORE love than existed previously. We're told "God is love," and indeed this has to be true. So, it naturally follows that God would simply want to share His love with yet more creatures, so .... I think he created us for that purpose in mind, even though He knew not all would want to share that love of His. But he made arrangements whereby those who DO choose to avail themselves of His wondrous blessing, might do so, and the others .... well, they get what they chose. Nobody is sentenced to hell. They have to CHOOSE it for themselves. His Love is so great that He would never have sentenced any of his beloved creatures to the "firey pit." But he won't stand in the way if they choose it for themselves. This is just my take on the question, but I think it has a strong basis in scripture.

Questions like this really have no truly definitive answer, but they sure do challenge us to think, and think hard about them. Some questions have no answer, and are probably just red herrings created by Satan to draw us away from the Lord. But this one, I think, has genuine merit. It may even probably be an essential question for all of us. I wish I had a definitive answer, but I simply don't. I think it may best be answered within our higher instincts at any given point in time?

Thundarstick
06-10-2017, 05:59 PM
A fantastic sharing! Thank you.

claude
06-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Family, God created a family, Satan split the family, flesh man's purpose through the use of free will is basically to decide whether to rejoin God's family, or to deny it and join Satan's family.