PDA

View Full Version : Uberti 1873 Short Stroke SASS

LAH
06-05-2017, 10:29 PM
Anyone one using this sixgun? Any information would be appreciated. I know nothing about these & know of no one near here using one.

I thinking a .357, 5.5" barrel.

johnson1942
06-06-2017, 03:05 PM
i looked it up on line and it looks like a ssa that was made into a gun that shoots a lot faster if your going to contest for that sort of things. if you get the 357 and shoot loads that are full 357 your going to get a lot of noise and recoil. uberti/s are good guns but i do wire springs in them where i can and make sure like i do all revolvers, that the forcing cone is done right and so are the holes facing the barrel in the cylinder. i have 2, 38 specials in uberti colts and they are plenty powerful enough for me. a 357 would snort. my 38 specials put deeper dents in my gong than my 45 long colt does.

bob208
06-06-2017, 03:29 PM
a local club had falling plate shoots. I cleaned the plates in 4.5 seconds with a ruger old model Blackhawk with no modes to it at all. used a stock colt op 6" barrel and did it in 3.4 seconds beat a bunch .38 super race guns.

I think shooting makes up for all the tricks and modifications people do thinking they are getting and edge.

dverna
06-06-2017, 08:20 PM
a local club had falling plate shoots. I cleaned the plates in 4.5 seconds with a ruger old model Blackhawk with no modes to it at all. used a stock colt op 6" barrel and did it in 3.4 seconds beat a bunch .38 super race guns.

I think shooting makes up for all the tricks and modifications people do thinking they are getting and edge.

A SAA will shoot faster than a 1911. No slide to cycle.

LAH
06-06-2017, 11:15 PM
So has anyone shot the Uberti 1873 Short Stroke? I'm thinking a shorter hammer fall would make it easier to shoot accurately. Or am I missing something?

rondog
06-07-2017, 05:34 AM
A SAA will shoot faster than a 1911. No slide to cycle.

Not with MY hateful arthritic thumbs!

johnson1942
06-07-2017, 11:50 AM
a well tuned uberti colt long or short hammer fall will drive tacks with the right load. you cant go wrong if the short stroke is what you want, it will drive tacks. the only thing with uberti colts, if it doesnt have a wire spring for the bottom spring, get one and install it as it will never break as the flat bottom spring are prone to breaking. i dont know the name of that spring but it isnt the main spring and the main springs i have had no problem with.

45 Dragoon
06-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Wires will break and they feel "mushy". A thin washer under the combination spring (that's what it's called) will increase the life of it and allow " custom " tuning of the springs individually. Better yet, coils (torsion for the bolt) can give you correct "feeling" and truly be lifetime parts.

Mike