PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
06-04-2017, 07:21 AM
want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death” (Philippians 3:10).

Scripture Focus: Philippians 3:10-14

The apostle Paul had been a believer for over 25 years when he spoke these words, “I want to know Christ. . . .” He talked about a deeper knowing, a divine understanding of absolute clarity. Paul had acquired a consuming soul thirst for the Lord. He longed to see Jesus' face.

When I was a new believer, I remember reading this passage and impulsively responding, “Oh yes, Jesus! I want to know You, too!” It was a naive prayer of excitement, anticipation of spiritual adventures -- but not a soul thirst. Much “stuff” had to be removed from my life. Many goals had to be realigned from a Scriptural perspective. As the hindrances fell, the desire to know Christ held my heart captive.

Paul had lots of time while under house arrest in Rome to consider his life as a Christ follower. He saw Jesus clearer each day. All else became rubbish in comparison. It's the Spirit's concern that we all come to this conclusion. If your hopes and dreams don't include Jesus -- lay them down. If you're not drawing nearer to Him -- find out why.

Insight: Knowing God requires earnest seeking, enduring, learning, and rejoicing. Dare to take one step closer to Him today.

Boaz
06-04-2017, 01:40 PM
Good lesson , we are to learn and put Christ in our lives every day . Sure makes everything a lot easier .

USMC87
06-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Amen, A great lesson.

Blackwater
06-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Wow! How like what we all experience, if we just truly seek His face! I remember being a new Christian. I was full of wonder and hope and anticipation. I had no idea how long it would take me to really understand much of scripture on a pretty deep level. But I never abandoned the search for understanding. I was stymied all along the way by many things, many of them of my own devising, unfortunately. But I never gave up, and never threw in the towel, and just kept seeking. I just KNEW that if I was diligent, I'd be granted the level of understanding I sought. And now, since I've come to understand so much more deeply than I once did, I find myself chagrinned by the simple fact that with each new understanding, comes yet more questions! It sure keeps a fella' humble! And satisfied, even though I know I'll never truly understand it all. God has granted me "enough," and I'm humbled and gratified by what He HAS given me to understand. I guess He was just preparing me all those years I spent chasing my own tail, so I COULD understand better?

His ways are not our ways, and His understanding is not our understanding. But if we're faithful and true, and truly SEEK understanding, He WILL provide it. Sometimes He sees some flaw in us, and makes us take care of that before He'll grant us the understanding we seek. But He ALWAYS keeps His promises. Always.

What a wonderful and loving God we serve!