PDA

View Full Version : Go to shoot new to me .32 rifles this week, think they are keepsers.

koger
06-02-2017, 09:41 PM
I recently traded into a Green Mtn. .32 15/16 drop in for a TC Hawken, and a Dixie Tenn. Mtn Squirrel rifle, 40", .32. Only issue is the lock needs re-browning on the Dixie, soon to be remedied. I had to adjust the GM barrel, after 3 shots at 25 yds she was dialed in, eating a ragged hole with the next 3 shots, in a target dot, smaller than a dime. Dixie rifle needed nothing, the fixed sights were spot on, it shot two in a ragged hole, third shot was touching it, group was much smaller than a squirrels head! We have a early squirrel season, in June, may take to the woods and get a limit for the pot, fried or with dumplings, gray squirrels are dang tasty, and how I learned to hunt as a kid. I love the Dixie, full length cherry stock, brown furniture, and grease hole in the stock, to pour melted patch grease. These are very close to rifles built in this area, a friend has 2 originals, built in the county I live in, .40 and .36. Anyone want to post some pics for me? Just thought I would share.

DakotaElkSlayer
06-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Dying to see pics!!!!

Jim