PDA

View Full Version : 1914 Enfields

azduke
07-21-2008, 03:42 AM
At the current moment have 2 P-14's and both shoot great.One is an ERA(Eddystone Remington Arms)and the second is a Remington.And even have the bayonets.All I need now is a Winchester and I'll have a complete collection of P-14's.I understand that the British redesignated the rifle nomenclature.What Number MK1 would the P-14 be.Also on the Remington it has the unit info on the disk and it needs the front volley sight and screw to be complete,anyone know where I can get the front volley sight arm and screw?

Four Fingers of Death
07-21-2008, 08:25 AM
rare as rocking horse poop, but if you get stuck, try searching for Lawrance ordnance in Sydney, he had them in stock and will post worldwide. Simon Lawrance is a gentleman and a scholar as we aussies say of someone we think highly of.

You would probably find them in the states without much problem.

PS, don't hold your breath waiting for a good Winchester, they are hard to get. Maybe not so much in the states, but rare here. most were chopped up for target rifles, etc.
Mick.

curator
07-21-2008, 11:00 AM
The P-14 was later designated No.3 Mk1 and Mk1* after minor upgrade. Most of them were refurbished and the volley sight removed. You can find original (difficult and expensive) and reproduction parts if you look hard enough. Try these guys for original parts: www.fairoakfarm.co.uk/Component Price List.pdf