PDA

View Full Version : Lee Primer feeds

KenH
05-31-2017, 02:01 PM
Hello all - I've been using the Lee Classic turret press for a while and really like it. The auto primer feed is of the round type, now it seems they have a square type as shown here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00162POP2

Do these work as well as the older round holders? I read one review saying the top didn't fold close enough so the primers could tumble inside? I don't really need another large rifle, but would like another small to have pistol primers in one, and small rifle primers in other.

Comments please?

Ken H>

trixter
06-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Look on e-bay for your round type and stock up on them. They are getting rare.

sawinredneck
06-01-2017, 07:20 PM
I've used the new style with few issues, it doesn't like running low on primers, but never used the older model.

VHoward
06-01-2017, 07:22 PM
I have a square folding one. Really don't like it at all. Fortunately I have a round tray that fits in the same slot the square one does.

KenH
06-01-2017, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the comments - about like I figured, older model best. I see the prices on ebay for the older round models is a tad pricey. The new square model on Amazon is only $18 shipped now for both Large 'n Small...... compared to $25 EACH for the round type on ebay.

Big Tom
06-03-2017, 02:48 PM
I used the round one for years and recently bought a square/triangular one. New one has less capacity, is poor to handle, barely can see primers feeding or not. Zero improvement in my book, am back to the round ones.

tranders
06-08-2017, 07:37 AM
I bought the new Lee primer feed when I bought my Classic Cast turret press. The press is ok,but the primer feed is sitting on the shelf and I am single feeding primers. Spent way too much time fiddling and picking up primers on the floor with the primer feeder.
I would be willing to spend a little more if Lee would make sure this stuff is right when it leaves the factory.

Kenstone
06-08-2017, 12:28 PM
I have used the newer square tray on a Pro 1000 and have found it to be dependable, without any issues.
Not having used the round tray, except in a hand primer off the press, I cannot compare or comment about it's function.
With the square tray, the primers follow the tray edges into the trough at a 45 degree angle (like a funnel), but in the round tray at an almost 90 angle, affecting/slowing the flow of the last few primers into the trough.
jmo,
:-P

Grmps
06-08-2017, 12:57 PM
If you have problems with any Lee products call Lee Precision at phone (262) 673-3075 and ask to talk to Petter. They are really good to work with.