PDA

View Full Version : Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

dale2242
05-31-2017, 08:09 AM
Our asparagus is now in full production.
Wrap a large spear or a cluster of smaller spears of asparagus in a strip of bacon.
Long strips work best.
Place on a cookie sheet in a 425* oven and cook for 30 mins.
Cook for 15 min., turn and cook for 15 more or until the bacon is done to your liking....dale

CastingFool
05-31-2017, 05:08 PM
Passed it on. One of my granddaughters loves asparagus. It's her favorite veggie. The rest of them love bacon.

sawinredneck
05-31-2017, 06:09 PM
Did some on the smoker a while back, one hour on the grates, then in a pan, drizzle with olive oil and Bach on for an hour and half. Held the temp around 250deg.

GhostHawk
05-31-2017, 09:08 PM
I'll take my speargrass anyway I can get it. Microwaved to sauted. Hold the cheese and heavy sauces please. Love that flavor, and this time of year my body loves it too. It screams for it.

MaryB
05-31-2017, 09:30 PM
Do them on the grill, bacon cooks fast so the asparagus stays a tiny bit crisp.

Blackwater
05-31-2017, 09:48 PM
Wow! What an idea! I LOVE asparagus, and who doesn't love bacon? Combining the two is something I'd never thought of. But I LIKE it! I'll have to try some of this soon. Our asparagus is coming in now, and there's nothing quite like fresh cut asparagus! I like the canned stuff, but LOVE the fresh cut! What a difference!

therealhitman
05-31-2017, 10:50 PM
You had me at bacon.

Boaz
06-01-2017, 09:50 AM
With bacon ...gotta be a winner ! I'll give it a try !

psweigle
06-01-2017, 09:56 AM
We do that with poll beans. Wrap 5 or 6 with bacon and sprinkle brown sugar and chili powder on them, then bake.

farmerjim
06-01-2017, 10:07 AM
I have a hard time getting the asparagus to the house. I eat them raw as I cut them.

captbligh
06-01-2017, 12:19 PM
Another excellent combination is asparagus and prosciutto (very thinly sliced dry cured Italian ham.)
I like my asparagus not too crisp, so I nuke them in a steamer for about 4 minutes, wrap them with half a slice of prosciutto, sliced to make two long strips. I then fry them in a pan with a little olive oil until slightly browned and the ham crisps up some. Depending on how much salt you like and how salty the ham is, you may want to sprinkle with a little salt once they're coated with the oil. If the asparagus are really small I'll wrap two in each slice of prosciutto. Very Tasty!!

mcdaniel.mac
06-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Another excellent combination is asparagus and prosciutto (very thinly sliced dry cured Italian ham.)
I like my asparagus not too crisp, so I nuke them in a steamer for about 4 minutes, wrap them with half a slice of prosciutto, sliced to make two long strips. I then fry them in a pan with a little olive oil until slightly browned and the ham crisps up some. Depending on how much salt you like and how salty the ham is, you may want to sprinkle with a little salt once they're coated with the oil. If the asparagus are really small I'll wrap two in each slice of prosciutto. Very Tasty!!
The best dessert I ever had was prosciutto-wrapped donuts. Wrapped, then friend so the proscuitto came out crispy. I dream of those sometimes.