PDA

View Full Version : Hornady Customer Service

308Jeff
05-30-2017, 05:21 PM
I bent the decapping stem in my Hornady 40 S&W die this weekend. Called them to buy a new one, and they said it's under warranty and on its way to me.

I would have gladly paid for it, but I was 99% sure they wouldn't let me. They sent me a replacement case retaining spring when I crushed one by not paying attention a few years ago. They sent me a full replacement priming assembly when a family member tried to force some kind of jam.

I'm always careful, but it's nice to know that if I buy something from Hornady, I'm only going to pay for it once.

XDROB
05-30-2017, 06:08 PM
I have dealt with Hornady on a couple of things in the past. For things I have screwed up! I called with credit card in hand and Told them it was totally my doing. All replacement parts sent Free. I can't say enough about the customer service at Hornady.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

308Jeff
05-30-2017, 09:22 PM
In my email:

This email is to confirm your Hornady warranty order. The order number is 1034xxx.

Your order number is your return authorization number. Please provide this number with any contact with Hornady regarding the warranty service.

The following items have been ordered:

398567 SPINDLE THREADED ZIP QTY 1 $.00 EA
390222 PIN DECAP NEW STYLE W/HEAD QTY 1 $.00 EA
396303 RETAINER DECAP PIN PISTOL QTY 1 $.00 EA

Thank you for contacting us regarding your warranty service. This email is confirmation only that we have started the warranty paperwork. For order status, please visit http://www.hornady.com/contact_us/order-status-search or call 800-338-3220. For more information about our products, please visit www.hornady.com.

That was fast.

05-31-2017, 02:01 AM
I have also had excellent customer service from Hornady when calling about user induced problems with my LnL progressive.

Shawlerbrook
05-31-2017, 06:10 AM
Great to hear ! It seems like reloading tool companies in general have good customer service.

RKJ
05-31-2017, 07:26 AM
I bought a used Hornady 300WM die set a few years ago and found it didn't have the stem for either the recapping die or the seating die (I don't recall which). I called them and (like others) tried to buy it and they would not let me. I was told those dies have a lifetime warranty and they honored it. Even when I said I bought them used and the part was lost they were bound and determined that I wasn't going to pay for them. A very good company. I try to buy from them whenever I can.

ioon44
05-31-2017, 07:49 AM
I have had god results with Hornady Customer service and have been buying Hornady dies lately. I like the sleeve on the seater die, which really helps with bullet alignment.

308Jeff
05-31-2017, 06:52 PM
I have had god results with Hornady Customer service and have been buying Hornady dies lately. I like the sleeve on the seater die, which really helps with bullet alignment.

And you get (almost) free bullets!

Ranger 7
06-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Have been, and still am, a Hornady customer since 1982.
I started with a Progressive press & dies and have been totally satisfied with Hornady ever since!
First class equipment and service.

osteodoc08
06-03-2017, 12:25 AM
I bent the decapping stem in my Hornady 40 S&W die this weekend. Called them to buy a new one, and they said it's under warranty and on its way to me.

I would have gladly paid for it, but I was 99% sure they wouldn't let me. They sent me a replacement case retaining spring when I crushed one by not paying attention a few years ago. They sent me a full replacement priming assembly when a family member tried to force some kind of jam.

I'm always careful, but it's nice to know that if I buy something from Hornady, I'm only going to pay for it once.

When my ez ject on my LnL quit working they refused to replace it saying it was normal wear. I replaced it on my dime. I've also had another tell me "You sure have needed a lot of parts lately" and kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Add in a poorly sized 45 sizing die that was eventually replaced but took way way too long and I'm done with Hornady. Green or Blue for me.

flashhole
06-03-2017, 06:12 PM
I've had multiple bad experiences with Hornady CS too. Pi$$ed me off to the point I purged everything Hornady from my bench.

Carrier
06-04-2017, 10:11 AM
I've had issues with RCBS not wanting to warranty things far more than Hornady. Don't own any Dillon so can't speak about them.

troyboy
06-04-2017, 10:29 AM
I think the expectation of free spare parts is unrealistic. Nice for the end user but not required.

XDROB
06-04-2017, 11:30 AM
I think the expectation of free spare parts is unrealistic. Nice for the end user but not required.
I do agree with this. And I can only speak to my experience with Hornady. Each time I called it was because ( l ) did something dumb. I called with credit card in hand. So far they have been very gracious and sent parts to me under warranty. 😁

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

osteodoc08
06-04-2017, 12:07 PM
delete

308Jeff
06-04-2017, 04:10 PM

Agree also. I've never asked for free parts, especially if it was my fault that they broke. Hornady has yet to let me pay for one though.