PDA

View Full Version : baschieri & pellagri hulls

rancher1913
05-27-2017, 10:14 PM
have some of these in my used hulls box for reloading but noticed that the primer end is plastic, it has a brass ring around the outside but the part that holds the metric primer is plastic. has anybody reloaded these or am I thinking correct that these are only good for the trash. the upper part of the shell is made from a heavy plastic and folds nice but that bottom end being plastic worries me.

trapper9260
05-28-2017, 06:30 AM
I do not know about those hulls .But for the bottom being plastic I would not worry about . Because Active hulls are all plastic they are old the ones I have and use them all the time.Just change the primer with the 209 and go from there. As for metric primer sound like euro type of primers. I get a primer tool from BPI to redue the primer pocket to use 209.I do not know how it will work with the hulls you got.i know that some others hulls I got from someone that was euro and use the tool and it took care of have to use the euro primers.Just a idea for you.

TonyfromItaly
06-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Good Morning, actually they are the best hulls on the market. Their bottom end is specifically designed to reduce pressure by about 40 bars, as it acts as a shock absorber. You can decap and use a cheddite o fiocchi primer. With these hulls you can actually load stronger loads.

rancher1913
06-02-2017, 05:27 PM
thanks for the info, they did look like quality hulls just that bottom being plastic worried me. actually a 209 primer fit and is snug enough not to fall out so maybe these things are worth using for slug loads.

elvas
06-03-2017, 05:08 AM
They also produce very good quality crimps, both fold and roll.
Sometimes, after decupping a little plastic disc remains in the primer flash hole area of the hull that must be removed.