PDA

View Full Version : Cosmoline Available

Suo Gan
05-27-2017, 11:38 AM
http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/cosmoline-rust-preventives/

I had a lot of problems trying to locate a source for cosmo a few years ago. I found this and thought others would be interested.

country gent
05-27-2017, 02:02 PM
We always saved it from tooling and parts in a container. We had a crock pot we used to melt it on low setting and then dip applied it to in house made cutters and tooling as needed. Every so often we added a little oil to it as the oil seemed to seep out or cook off melting it. The guys on the floor saved it for us so the same was getting reused over and over in the plant. Tooling made for other plants also got coated to protect it in shipping.

ascast
05-27-2017, 02:17 PM
yes, thanks I wonder how it would work as an undercoating on a car?

Defender12
05-28-2017, 09:06 PM
Thanks.I will find that link useful .

samari46
05-29-2017, 12:02 AM
Zbart undercover coating smells a lot like the old alox2138 that used to be used
as a bullet lubricant. Since the alox 2138 isn't available anymore they have probably gone to a different formulation. Last I looked you could still buy undercoating in spray cans. Frank

dhenry132
06-03-2017, 02:53 PM
thanks, I can use more

cleonard
06-03-2017, 03:20 PM
An interesting product is Maxima Chain Wax marketed for off road vehicle o-ring chains. It's basically cosmoline with some light solvents in a spray can. Sprays on as a thin liquid, but turns into a very stiff grease as the solvents evaporate. I have it around because I use it on my bikes.

Looking at OP's link I see that they offer a similar dedicated product.