PDA

View Full Version : Movie of the week !

Boaz
05-24-2017, 10:15 AM
Three Stooges ! Disorder in the court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Is2J2GqOss

mold maker
05-24-2017, 01:26 PM
I normally don't watch the drivel put out by the movie ind, but accidentally came across "The Bucket List' while surfing for entertainment last night. The premise got me thinking, which is dangerous. I never really liked Jack, but this character spoke to me. The banter between the couple of misfits really got me caught up in the tale. I guess my age made it more potent for me, but I truly enjoyed it.

SSGOldfart
05-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Yes Sir that can get one to thinking, best line has to be some poor baster somewhere is having a heart attack...

Isaac
05-25-2017, 07:51 AM
My wife calls them "The Three Stoopids". She just can't find the humor in their comedy. After watching a documentary about them a few years ago, I have a much great appreciation for them. Their timing had to be just about perfect.

Isaac

Hickok
05-25-2017, 08:15 AM
Oh yes, Curly and the "Full auto Derby-cane Thompson" !

Doesn't matter how many times I see them, I still laugh!

I agree, women don't find them funny, but their brains don't work like us men! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

Boaz
05-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Your the reason I put the stooges up after your clip in off topic last week !Hickok , lol .Good stuff !

RGrosz
05-25-2017, 02:09 PM
That's why I like this site so much. Where else could you learn about Linex and The Three Stooges all with out changing web sites??
Keep up the good work. Also the stuff about cast Boolets and reloading is spot on.
Rob

David2011
05-25-2017, 02:59 PM
My wife calls them "The Three Stoopids". She just can't find the humor in their comedy. After watching a documentary about them a few years ago, I have a much great appreciation for them. Their timing had to be just about perfect.

Isaac

I have to agree with her. Slapstick never amused me, even as a kid.

Sur-shot
05-26-2017, 11:19 AM
If you have the opportunity, give "Bridge of Spies" a look. We, many or most of us, are of the age to remember the people involved. A true story, James Donovan court appointed attorney, Soviet Army Col Robert Abel convicted Soviet spy and the U-2 pilot USAF 1st Lt Francis Gary Powers. Tom Hanks plays Donovan and the movie is directed by Spielberg, with his work on the set, costumes and attention to detail. It is an interesting study in character, plus what we were never told, before, during and after the events.
Ed

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Tonight's movie is "Glacier Park's Night Of The Grizzlies"

I seen this once a few years ago, it's a really good PBS documentary.
I'll be watching this tonight

First Aired Monday, May 17, 2010
On August 12, 1967, grizzly bears in Glacier NP killed two young women and mauled a man.

Since the opening of Glacier National Park in 1910, there were no reported fatal bear attacks until one summer night in 1967, when two grizzlies, in two remote areas of the Park attacked campers and killed two young women. The dramatic and tragic story of that night, and how it eventually influenced the fate of the grizzly bear in the continental United States, is the subject of a the historical documentary, Glacier Park’s Night of the Grizzlies.
http://www.montanapbs.org/grizzlies/

https://youtu.be/MZjlrjOSDXs

bayjoe
08-01-2017, 09:43 PM
Hacksaw Ridge is an awesome movie

waksupi
08-02-2017, 12:27 AM
Tonight's movie is "Glacier Park's Night Of The Grizzlies"

I seen this once a few years ago, it's a really good PBS documentary.
I'll be watching this tonight

First Aired Monday, May 17, 2010
On August 12, 1967, grizzly bears in Glacier NP killed two young women and mauled a man.

Since the opening of Glacier National Park in 1910, there were no reported fatal bear attacks until one summer night in 1967, when two grizzlies, in two remote areas of the Park attacked campers and killed two young women. The dramatic and tragic story of that night, and how it eventually influenced the fate of the grizzly bear in the continental United States, is the subject of a the historical documentary, Glacier Park’s Night of the Grizzlies.
http://www.montanapbs.org/grizzlies/

https://youtu.be/MZjlrjOSDXs

A friend of mine killed one of the grizzlies they figured that were involved, up on Gunsight Pass in Glacier.

MT Gianni
08-05-2017, 12:39 PM
If you have the opportunity, give "Bridge of Spies" a look. We, many or most of us, are of the age to remember the people involved. A true story, James Donovan court appointed attorney, Soviet Army Col Robert Abel convicted Soviet spy and the U-2 pilot USAF 1st Lt Francis Gary Powers. Tom Hanks plays Donovan and the movie is directed by Spielberg, with his work on the set, costumes and attention to detail. It is an interesting study in character, plus what we were never told, before, during and after the events.
Ed

The book gives twice as much insight as the movie. I am often prompted to read a book after hearing of a movie preview.