PDA

View Full Version : another little site quirk

bubba.50
05-23-2017, 10:37 PM
I can reply to a post just like always but, for the last week or so, around the time all the site changes & associated quirks developed, if I try to 'quote' a post I can't put spaces 'tween the words 'til I 'reload' the page. even then sometimes it takes four or five tries.

54bore
05-24-2017, 05:42 AM
You only have 1 silver bullet, I'm thinking that's the entire problem

jeepyj
05-24-2017, 06:22 AM
For some reason that has happened to me a few times however for me it dates back a few months.
On the quirky things though, I see some locked posts that show I had responded to that I actually hadn't ever responded to at all. The other night when we lost our post count I counted 6 or 7 in several different forums and just seen another one this morning.

bubba.50
05-24-2017, 08:58 AM
You only have 1 silver bullet, I'm thinking that's the entire problem

yeh, I had two 'til just a few days ago. and almost a third. sometimes change is good. sometimes change is necessary. but change just for the sake of change is very often neither. :roll:

bubba.50
05-24-2017, 09:00 AM
For some reason that has happened to me a few times however for me it dates back a few months.
On the quirky things though, I see some locked posts that show I had responded to that I actually hadn't ever responded to at all. The other night when we lost our post count I counted 6 or 7 in several different forums and just seen another one this morning.

I have had that problem too. saw about a half dozen or so yesterday and a couple so far this mornin' & I'm just gettin' on.

DCP
05-24-2017, 09:07 AM
I at first thought the change was good.
Here in IL. were in the Middle of a huge fight with our state legislators over 2nd amendments rights.

Those posts were delete and were not 30 days old. Go figure.

I now think..... Really I dont know what I think.

rancher1913
05-24-2017, 10:25 AM
the space thing is not new, I ruined a key board thinking it was a bad key until somebody clued me in.

bubba.50
05-24-2017, 11:11 AM
I at first thought the change was good.
Here in IL. were in the Middle of a huge fight with our state legislators over 2nd amendments rights.

Those posts were delete and were not 30 days old. Go figure.

I now think..... Really I dont know what I think.

I hear ya. topics that made people think & maybe have a rational conversation about doin's in the world today get eliminated but, "important" stuff like "Aunt Matilda's Rhubarb Pie Recipe" get to live for all eternity. [smilie=w:

Tom Myers
05-24-2017, 12:17 PM
the space thing is not new, I ruined a key board thinking it was a bad key until somebody clued me in.

Yeah, me to. I thought perhaps there was dirt under the key caps so I took the caps off of some keys and couldn't get them back on correctly.

54bore
05-24-2017, 06:16 PM
I hear ya. topics that made people think & maybe have a rational conversation about doin's in the world today get eliminated but, "important" stuff like "Aunt Matilda's Rhubarb Pie Recipe" get to live for all eternity. [smilie=w:

LOL the woohoo on the end of ur post got me! I hear ya bubba! There is some very good information on here, and some 'not so much'

Gunload Master
05-25-2017, 11:38 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?335437-Posting-on-the-forum-screwed-up-*FIX*&p=4056149#post4056149