PDA

View Full Version : Bolhassani Lube-Sizer Patent of 2005

Dutchman
07-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Patent No. 6,912,943 B2
This is a 2005 patent.

I'm not sure where this fellow lives. Might be Iran but I'm not sure.
The info on the patent is abbreviated.

This is a very interesting size & luber for mounting on a reloading press.
How is the lube reservoir pressurized?

http://images41.fotki.com/v1245/photos/2/28344/6456804/sizer2-vi.jpg

http://images40.fotki.com/v1242/photos/2/28344/6456804/sizer3-vi.jpg

http://images38.fotki.com/v1214/photos/2/28344/6456804/sizer4-vi.jpg

Dutch

Pavogrande
07-19-2008, 08:36 PM
presuming it is not a rhetorical question -- It appears that bullet holder #14 moves up thru guide #42 and at the top of the stroke, #14 contacts #42, applying pressure to #60 providing the necessary squeeze - Too many bits and pieces for my liking --

runfiverun
07-19-2008, 10:34 PM
it looks like it works like a lee rifle crimp die..

Johnch
07-20-2008, 12:14 AM
To me .......and I might be total off

A combonation of a Lee sizer and a H&I die to lube

It looks like when you push bullet #2 up
It sizes the bullet and pressurizes the top chamber to force lube to the lube die above

The bullet itself is the piston , providing the seal to contain the air pressure to lube #1

Then Bullet #2 then pushes #1 out and the cycle repeats

To me at least I see a houst of problems with the design
What if you are sizing bullets that at dia already or you are lubeing only bullets that are a thou under sized

So IMO a few fatal l flaws
in the design

John

Springfield
07-20-2008, 08:05 PM
And how do you refill it?

Johnch
07-20-2008, 08:16 PM
And how do you refill it?

Errrrrrrrr
Maybe screw the top off ??

John

scrapcan
07-21-2008, 10:43 AM
looks like the pressure from the ram pushes up on the sizerd ie at the top of the stroke to pressurize the lube reservoir. did no take the time to put numbers in there. I think it will pressure once you rach a critical adjustment point until cast is ejected out top, lube effectively sealed by the ram. once you pull ram down it takes pressure off of reservoir and no lube flows on down stroke.

KTN came up with a unique design that has a moving sizer chanber and a spring return to shutoff lube flow.

Dutchman
07-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Since this is a lube-sizer the operation of lube only of an undersize bullet doesn't enter into the equasion, IMO.

Similar to a Lee crimp die -- yes, I see that, too. But I also see an automotive shock absorber in the function of a cylinder and piston with small pressure relief holes.

This devise falls outside of conventional & historical lube-sizers, in a strict sense. I see it as being extremely innovative. Possibly even genius in design. I don't know if that genius makes it in the transition to practical application. Wish I could make sense of the fellow's address on the patent form. There is no other patent in the US database with this guy's name. Nothing on the internet.

Dutch

andrew375
07-23-2008, 10:20 AM
But how is it adjusted for the decrease in lube in the reservoir? You would have to keep lowering the device in the press in order to maintain the pressure.

Gussy
07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
I think this guy contacted me several years ago about making this machine. After looking at his drawings I decided I did not want any part of it. I think most of the points mentioned in all the above posts crossed my mind plus a few more. It did appear to work, but way to complicated to build and make a profit. The cost would have been way over what it could reasonably sell for. He is from the middle east and did not comprehend the inventory and production costs. In 40+ years of owning a business, I have had many people come in with ideas on "fantastic" products which will sell millions. Then they wanted me to spend my money and time developing it and bringing it to market. "It will sell itself when people see it", "everyone will want it", yeah right!!! So what's your plan to get it in front of "everyone"???? Well........that's what I thought you would do.......

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against looking at something new. If you have an idea and it fills a void it stands a much better chance of making it. To build a product which has a least 4 others being made????? It better be REALLY good and cheaper to start with. Plan on 4 years of losing money/break even and then if there is a problem, plan on losing more.
Gus

Ghugly
07-29-2008, 01:23 PM
I can see a spot for it, if it worked well and was priced right (two enormous ifs). I think there is room for a reasonably priced, nose first, push-through lubrisizer.

I admit that I know little about lubrisizers. I've had a couple of Lyman's and an RCBS, in years past. Recently, I've done my best to avoid them by finding moulds that allow me to tumble lube and shoot as cast. Are there at least 4 other nose first, push-through lubrisizers being made? The only one that I'm familiar with is the Star and it seems to be priced at a point that leaves room for a competitor.