PDA

View Full Version : Remlin 1894 CB .45C Question

Bigslug
05-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Pondering one of these to go along with my Redhawk. The question:

Is the tang tapped for installation of a Marbles or other tang sight along those lines?

If you've got one, how's it working out for you?

GBertolet
05-22-2017, 03:05 PM
Can't help you with the Remlin, but my same late model JM, is not tapped for a tang sight. If you are not totally committed to a tang sight, have you considered Skinner aperture sights instead? They look great, and use the existing tapped receiver threads.

Jeff Michel
05-22-2017, 04:11 PM
I have one of the new Marlins. It is not tapped for a tang sight. It's not overly difficult to do it yourself if you have access to a drill press and a decent vise. Low hanging fruit for your local gunsmith if you don't feel like messing with it. I second the Skinner sight as well. I have it on a 336 and it is very usable.

Bigslug
05-23-2017, 01:15 AM
Kinda wanted to do the buckhorn sight zeroed for 50 yards or so with a Marbles tang set for 150-200 thing, so no interest on the Skinners.

Wind
05-24-2017, 06:27 AM
Hey there Bigslug -- Jeff Michel offered some good advice. You might consider getting a Skinner front blade sight and filing it down to adjust your Marbles tang sight to shoot a 50 yard zero with your load. This will give you the maximum elevation and therefore range with the Marbles. It will pretty much eliminate the need for the barrel mounted rear sight. Replacing it with a dovetail blank will make for a handy carrying rifle.

Hope this helps. Best regards. Wind