PDA

View Full Version : What parts and where to obtain for Marlin M1895?

Naphtali
07-19-2008, 01:27 PM
I want to convert my straight grip stainless steel M1895 to pistol grip. I cannot identify parts numbers for the Trigger Guard Plate correct for pistol grip stainless steel M1895. I do not know whether tang screw must be correct for the Trigger Guard Plate. I am unsure what other parts, excluding lever, are required -- if any. . . . But wait, there's more.

Neither Midway nor Brownell's shows any Trigger Guard Plate being available at retail. I have been trying to reach Marlin's Customer Service for more than one week. They have a nifty system. No E-mails, and one telephone line. I am unable to get past the waiting que.

Are conversion parts, particularly the Trigger Guard Plate, gunsmith-only available?
Is there a stainless steel pistol grip lever whose lever is larger than Marlin's without being grotesquely oversized?

DaveD
07-19-2008, 02:02 PM
http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=082Zz1895S

pietro
07-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Your only recourse, outside the factory, is to swap all the parts with some like-minded person, with a PG-stocked rifle, that wants a straight gripped one.

The part number(s) will do you little good, since AFAIK Marlin won't sell the lower plate outright to anyone.

They MIGHT refit your rifle, for a price, through their Service Dept.

Why not snailmail them a note ?

Doc Highwall
07-19-2008, 05:30 PM
I would send it back to Marlin. Earlier this year I gave them my 1970's model 1894 in 357mag to convert to 38spl only, octagon barrel, pistol grip, and re stamp the S/N on the left side of the receiver. Total cost was $450.00. So now I have a cowboy gun in 38spl with a pistol grip. The cost included new stocks, barrel, lower tang trigger group, and lever.

Naphtali
07-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Your only recourse, outside the factory, is to swap all the parts with some like-minded person, with a PG-stocked rifle, that wants a straight gripped one.

The part number(s) will do you little good, since AFAIK Marlin won't sell the lower plate outright to anyone.

They MIGHT refit your rifle, for a price, through their Service Dept.

Why not snailmail them a note ?Marlin shows no E-mail address on their CONTACT page. I find no E-mail address for them anywhere in their web site. If you have one, please let me know it.

Swapping with someone appeals to me. I have been unaware that there was commerce in this kind of problem solving. I'd swap in a New York minute if I could identify someone interested in stainless M1895 straight grip metal.