PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Gallery BB's

BigboreShooter
07-19-2008, 01:22 PM
I recently acquired about 125lbs of spent shooting gallery bb's. They seem to be about #4 shot. Is this standard bird shot? IF it is, I should be able to blend this in with my ww/lino alloy?

runfiverun
07-19-2008, 08:06 PM
i would ingot and use a hardness tester on it.
it could be pure, or 5-6% sb.

garandsrus
07-20-2008, 10:39 AM
BigBoreShooter,

I talked to a carne that has the "shoot the star" game about buying their spent pellets. They use #2 lead shot, which she said is pretty standard. She also said that they end up paying almost $100/bag as there isn't much demand for lead #2 any more.

John

Lee
07-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Can't help with the question, but can add some old memories....

I remember as a very little kid, they had pump action .22's at the amusement park shootin' galleries.
They took what looked like(to a little kid, at the time) a .22 short(VERY SHORT!)
They made little noise, just a pop!, and left you with that tantalizing(to a very little kid!) smokeless powder smell. Not too many years later, they had the same .22's only now there was a short length of jack chain attached to the rifle and bench. Gun control?? Or just theft control?? I'll never know.....
Fast forward many years later, and the same park now had an electronic shootin' gallery. Yep, beams o' light. Get near a target and score a hit!

Long story short. I am stunned that in our society of today, there are shootin' galleries at all, let alone those that would propel a (politically incorrect!) LEAD projectile with enough force to accomplish anything...................

Well, memories for those of you old enough to remember those good old days......

Lloyd Smale
07-21-2008, 07:21 AM
i got about a 100 lbs of it last year at the salvage yard after the local fair came through. It was pure or dammed close to it.